Senior Lead Specialist for offshore wind projects
Do you want the technical leadership responsibility, ensuring that we continue to deliver world-class high-voltage equipment for our transmission systems globally?
Join us and become Senior Lead Specialist in Transformers & HV Components where you’ll be the technical authority on technical deliverables, the approver of all business-critical technical decisions and the focal point of contact for stakeholders on strategic and tactical decisions related to the technical area of responsibility. Together with Substations and Product Line, Transformers & HV Components delivers world-class high-voltage equipment for our transmission systems with a strong focus on reducing costs through technological advancement.
Your key tasks will be to
- provide technical leadership and direction within the Transformers & HV Components area as well as within the specialist team
- secure the development of technical solutions that match the overall strategy for the Transformers & HV Components area and the business
- drive market intelligence and mapping of new technology needs within your area of responsibility
- give advice on technical solutions, providing decision-makers with the technical information necessary to make sound business decisions
- minimise implementation and QHSE risks from new technologies and concepts.
Overall, you’ll make an impact in the industry by driving technical development and innovation as well as securing the company’s business interest through sound technology implementation.
Your competences include that you
- have a PhD or a master’s degree in engineering, with substantial accomplishments within the transformers and high-voltage equipment industry
- have an excellent understanding of and experience with technical aspects related to transformers and HV components and onshore and offshore substations for offshore wind farms
- are highly competent in navigating and leading up and across in a complex global matrix organisation with very skilled professionals
- are highly skilled in communication, including writing specifications and scientific papers as well as giving oral presentations
- have a strong business understanding and customer focus.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 13 February 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Stavroula Petsa, Head of Transformers & HV Components, by telephone on +45 9955 2940, if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect travelling to the US, Asia-Pacific and around Europe in relation to your work.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.