Senior Lead Specialist for offshore support structure design
Would you like to play a key role in developing state-of-the-art support structures for our worldwide offshore wind farm portfolio?
Join us and become Senior Lead Specialist in our Primary Structures department within the functional area Foundations where you’ll assume technical responsibility for all technical solutions and development, including tools, within the department and ensure first-class technical stakeholder management within as well as outside the functional area.
The Primary Structures department is part of Offshore, which is one of three corporate business units. The department is responsible for design, optimisation, verification and documentation of support structures for offshore wind turbines and substations.
Your key tasks will be to
- give technical support and guidance to our specialists who design foundations and who develop, refine or redefine design methodologies and maintain and develop in-house design tools
- set targets and direction for processes, tools and deliverables within our domain of expertise
- lead the development of our methodologies to meet future needs
- ensure the technical quality of deliverables and support discussions with certification bodies
- become part of the technical management group in Structural Engineering.
Furthermore, you’ll support management in driving change initiatives.
Your competences include that you
- have strong leadership skills and support others to thrive in their role
- as a minimum, have a master’s degree in engineering
- have extensive experience in the design of foundations for offshore steel structures
- have an overview of and insights into interfaces between primary structures and the engineering disciplines we cooperate with
- preferably have experience with all relevant stages of support structure design, including, but not limited to, fabrication and installation.
In addition, you have knowledge of mature markets (EU) - knowledge of new markets such as the US and APAC and associated standards will be an advantage.
As a person, you have an open mindset and thrive in a cooperative environment. You’re motivated by delivering through others, just as you transmit your passion to your colleagues. Additionally, you’re action-oriented, innovative and have a strong desire to improve and challenge methods and processes. Finally, you have a pragmatic approach to problem-solving and are able to navigate and cooperate in a complex matrix organisation with many stakeholders.
You thrive in an international environment, working with colleagues at different levels and with various nationalities and cultural backgrounds. Thus, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 12 December 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Henrik Hauge Thomsen, Head of Primary Structures, by telephone on +45 9955 6951 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.