Imagine a future where you help to ensure that state-of-the-art numerical models and tools are driving the renewables industry and enabling a green transformation
Join us in this role where you’ll obtain the technical leadership of the team responsible for the design and implementation of mathematical models and software systems used by domain experts and engineers across our company to design the next generation logistics, layout, structural/electrical design, and power-to-X solutions.
Welcome to Numerical Competence Centre
You’ll be part of Architecture & Advisory where you, together with your colleagues, will be part of a highly specialised and dynamic team with more than 30 software-oriented mathematicians and physicists. We’re driven by delivering state-of-the-art mathematical models to push the current limits of the processes and models used for driving the transformation into a renewable energy landscape. You’ll be working closely with our team, domain specialists, and IT.
You’ll play an important role in:
- as your main responsibility, leading the technical developments of the growing Numerical Competence Centre function, ensuring a further competitive edge for our company within advanced mathematical modelling
- leading the development and maintenance of in-house modelling software to enable our company mission
- setting strategic direction for the company portfolio of modelling and/or machine learning tools
- identifying opportunities within the business where machine learning and mathematical modelling can be used to improve the current processes
- creating and maintaining university and research centre collaborations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree or PhD in the natural sciences or a related field, e.g. computer science, physics, mathematics, etc.
- have a proven track record in technical leadership of highly skilled mathematical software teams
- are analytically strong with a commercial mindset and can communicate complex matters in an intuitive way
- are proficient in one or more compiled and/or interpreted languages and have a good overview of the strength and weakness of each language (we primarily use Python or .NET for desktop and web applications)
- have strong experience with software architecture and numerical design.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us, you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 3 July 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Skov Gretlund, Senior Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99558130 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we’re happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and homeworking) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.