Would you like to make a difference as a leader and drive the future development of DTU’s transport data and analytics hub to become the place to go for transport data? Are you driven by the challenge of handling multiple public and private stakeholders? Are you powered by the opportunities of big data and smart models in transport?
Then we have the right challenge for you, as we are looking for an innovative leader to develop our Center for Transport Analytics at DTU to become well-recognized and leading in class.
The content of the job
Your tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Acting as the leader of the hub and in this capacity also be a part of the department’s overall leadership team reporting to the head of department
- Interacting with multiple partners and stakeholders, which also requires active maneuvering in a political environment
- Leading a team of approx. 12 specialists, mainly with an IT and data background
- Being responsible for a broad range of projects and tasks delivered to external and internal partners
- Creating and maintaining a high level of compliance with DTU’s administrative routines and requirements, including focus on quality assurance processes
Professional and personal competences
- A vision for and personal drive to develop the Center for Transport Analytics at DTU into a world class hub in its domain
- Strong knowledge about the transport sector and its data-driven development opportunities
- The ability to lead, inspire, and develop a team of data specialists
- Experience in leading and supporting project managers
- Good understanding of data collection and structuring tasks, incl. systematic and structured databases (MS SQL) as well as representation in geographic information systems (ArcGIS). In particular, knowledge in (of) modern data science approaches such as big data and digitalization
- IT capabilities, which equip you to define IT requirements and interact with IT specialists
- Knowledge of the data requirements of advanced traffic models and knowledge in supporting advanced traffic modelling, including hosting of server environments
- Ability to engage with a wide range of users from researchers to public and private transport organizations and a talent of handling multiple internal and external stakeholders
- The capability to balance between open source data and sustainable business models for a data hub
You are motivated by creating data results and innovative development, working in a research environment. As a person, you work well both strategic as well as analytical tasks and project management is a core skill for you. Your communication style is direct, fast and dynamic with a solid personal impact. As a leader, you are engaging, a listener as well as an open and a strong role model. You want to make a difference and you are determined to make your team a success.
an opportunity to make a difference. You can shape a new organizational set-up and develop a unit at DTU Management Engineering, which is at the center of data driven innovation in transport. You become part of a high performing department leadership team and will find ample opportunity for developing the transport domain at DTU.
Please apply and upload your application and resume here: Senior Lead to head Center for Transport Analytics.
Application deadline: 9 October 2017.
If you have questions about the open position, please contact Business Consultant Manager in Hartmanns, Jens Hein at +45 4121 1315 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DTU is continuously working to professionalize our management. The work is specified in "The DTU Leadership Role", which describes DTU's expectations for the managers' professional and personal skills. "The DTU Leadership Role" is based on four cornerstones: Professional management, resource management, performance management and strategic management. In addition, it is a precondition as a manager at DTU, that you can bring your personal leadership in play. This means for example, that managers supports results created by people in interaction. You can read more about "The DTU's Leadership Role" on the following link - DTU's Leadership Role.
Salary and terms of employment
Salary and employment terms are in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and Academics in the State (AC) and DTU's salary structure. Workplace is DTU Lyngby Campus.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Hartmanns is handling the recruitment process on behalf of DTU. Please note, that candidates are invited for interview ongoing in the process.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 4121 1315