Senior IT Solution Architect for Smart Grid and GIS
Would you like to contribute to the DONG Energy mission of making green energy cheaper and still reliable?
Join us and become Senior IT Solution Architect in the GIS & Smart Grid IT department supporting all our business units. You will be part of an agile and dynamic team that is responsible for implementing and refining the IT strategy in close collaboration with business experts. You will be Architect within the GIS & Smart Grid team, which is responsible for supporting existing and developing new GIS & Smart Grid solutions across our organisation located in different countries. The team is also responsible for the domain specific implementation roadmaps and supporting new projects and changes regarding definition of the solution architecture.
GIS & Smart Grid is part of our Group functions which cover Group Support, Group Finance & Services and Group IT. In Group IT, we focus our efforts on supporting the entire business and ensuring that the company works as a professional, reliable and responsible company.
You will be based at our office in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your job.
Your key tasks will be to
- take on the role as the overall responsible architect in relevant projects. The coming 2 years, it will be in our Advanced Distribution Management System project, upgrading and re-implementing the control room system for low and medium voltage in distribution, including integrations to Esri ArcGIS and SAP
- establish, maintain and implement application development standards
- design, develop and maintain geospatial applications and support existing and newly developed applications
- coordinate development, planning, implementation, and scheduling of GIS & Smart Grid projects and assist the manager in prioritisation
- review and evaluate programming efforts and systems in relation to functional requirements and evaluate programming issues and make recommendations to improve programming operations
- prepare detailed analysis and designs; plans; diagrams and verification procedures for existing and proposed GIS applications
- develop and implement specialised programs and tools to supplement and enhance existing systems
- assist with problem resolutions related to GIS data, as required.
You will be responsible for understanding existing products and technologies and think of future technologies which could be bringing more efficient solutions to the business.
You will develop, implement, administer and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the GIS & Smart Grid solutions and integrations to SAP.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a master’s degree in computer science, geographic or geospatial information systems, computer information systems or within a related field or have gained related experience within these fields
- have extensive experience with electric domain knowledge, software architecture, ESRI GIS tools and applications
- have extensive years of experience with coordinating, planning and monitoring enterprise software development
- have some years of experience as a GIS architect
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks and are able to function both as a team-player and independently
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment with distributed teams and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
You are result-oriented with the ability to focus on the solution and the customers’ need. You are creative in applying technology to develop new tools and solutions.
Your experience as an IT Architect enables you to process information logically; to design programs and systems logic; to prepare program specifications, to interpret technical information and to communicate effectively.
We work with Agile Scrum/Kanban and Test Driven Development, and we expect you to be familiar with these methodologies.
The opportunity to design overall Smart Grid & GIS Systems architecture and implement geospatial solutions. The position responsibilities include the design, development, configuration, test and implementation of geospatial solutions and integrations.
In DONG Energy Group IT, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work focused on supporting our business, and we build up internal competences, which have a significant impact on our core business. Working for us, you will experience extensive business insight and a strong sense of responsibility.
Please do not hesitate to contact Jakob Møl Mortensen, Head of GIS & Smart Grid, on telephone +45 9955 6360 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than 30 November 2016, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Click on the button to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder