Senior Industrialization Manager for complex manufacturing projects
Would you like to see your ideas brought to life with the speed of light? And can you design for X and help place automation at the core of our large-scale manufacturing set-up?
Then you should join us as our new senior industrialization manager. In this role, you will manage complex manufacturing projects and be the anchor for our ambitious industrialisation strategy.
“As part of GN, you can literally see your brainchild introduced to store shelves all over the world within a year’s time, and that’s really something,” says Senior Director, Global Production & Quality Engineering Michael Omby.
Design for the power of sound
Through the Jabra brand, GN Audio develops advanced headsets and headphones to make life sound better for people around the world.
Along with 30 colleagues, you will become part of the global Industrialisation Product Management department – joining 5 of us at the GN HQ in Ballerup, Denmark. Here, you will become instrumental to our entry into Industry 4.0 as we strengthen the large-scale production of our world-class Jabra solutions, produced in China and Malaysia.
Drive DFX for brand new products
You will participate in new product development projects from early concepting over delivery to large-scale production. You will be committed to one project at a time, lasting 9-12 months, while simultaneously working on strategic development projects within the team. With the aim of bringing our manufacturing processes from semi- to fully automated, you will:
- Be responsible for DFX product compliance within your project, acting as the technical interface between the design teams and production sites to secure that the product is designed for automated assembly, test and repair whilst maintaining project quality and cost targets
- Act as project manager within your field, working with all disciplines from e.g. hardware and materials to cost and audio, while ensuring smooth collaboration and timely execution
- Incorporate automized processes and new technologies into the manufacturing design and ensure knowledge sharing and reuse of manufacturing technologies across projects
- Oversee the first build at our manufacturing sites and ensure that all guidelines are followed correctly
- Lead/participate in technology projects within the team, primarily related to automation and robotics, and help define and execute on our industrialisation strategy
In this role, you will have global travel opportunities to support the manufacturing strategy.
Leading major technology shifts with intelligent audio solutions
With R&D happening in Denmark, USA and China, assembly sites in Poland, Mexico and the US and all manufacturing located in Asia, you will join an international environment and work with people from different cultures.
However, we all share the GN culture and values guiding us to: listen, challenge and transform – keeping us all on the same track. By listening to your stakeholders and challenging the status quo, we can transform our semi-automated manufacturing processes into a fully-automated, large-scale production.
Assembly specialist with Industry 4.0 experience
For this position, we need you to bring your experience with Industry 4.0 and automation to the table. As a person, you are well-structured, ambitious, and co-operative with a strong mindset to take leadership and responsibility within all activities which influence industrialisation development. We expect you to be open, communicative and a team player with a positive mindset even in challenging situations. Finally, you must share our values and passions for industrialisation development at a very high and challenging level.
Furthermore, we imagine that you have:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with design and optimisation of production lines for medium to high volume production, preferably of electromechanical products
- Solid project management experience and a process mindset
- Expert knowledge on assembly fixture and carrier plate design and requirements
- DFX experience – especially when it comes to design for repair, automation and cost
- Proven expertise in DFM and DFA analysis and with creating cost/benefit justified proposals for improvement to be presented to product design stakeholders
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘APPLY’ link no later than 6 October, 2020. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Senior Director, Global Production & Quality Engineering, Michael Omby on +45 24855577.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.