Senior Indoor Climate Consultant to international knowledge centre
At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities - if you have the ability and the drive to take them.
Are you passionate about creating more healthy homes and buildings all over the world?
Because we are. And in this position, your indoor climate expertise will be vital for us in realising this ambition. You will also play an important role in laying the groundwork for securing the long-term relevance of the VELUX Group and our products for years to come. Sounds interesting?
Step into our knowledge centre on Daylight, Energy and Indoor Climate in Hørsholm. We are an international team of 8 specialists who are passionate about using our knowledge of the impact of daylight and fresh air on human health and well-being as well as the energy performance of buildings to influence the buildings of tomorrow in a healthier, more sustainable direction.
Acting as an internal advisor, you will be involved across business functions and put your knowledge to good use in different contexts and for various purposes. For instance, your colleagues in Public Affairs, Product Development or Marketing could need your input - like when we assisted in making The Indoor Generation campaign and the Healthy Homes Barometer a reality. You will also share your knowledge in external settings, e.g. at scientific conferences or with professionals in the industry.
Examples of tasks and projects could be to:
- Seek out and identify barriers and knowledge gaps in the building and construction industry about the benefits of our products, daylight and fresh air.
- Take the lead in developing informative material that bridges these gaps - sometimes in collaboration with external partners - e.g. software tools, written guides and video tutorials adapted to different target audiences.
- Get involved in the VELUX Group’s 2030 sustainability strategy and contribute to new initiatives that reflect current and future trends in residential buildings.
- Research and dive deep into the impact of windows, ventilation and solar shading on indoor air quality, thermal comfort, daylight, energy and health.
- Train colleagues and external engineers and architects in indoor climate, natural ventilation, healthy homes and the role of windows and solar shading - and help keep our knowledge hubs updated.
- You will travel up to 12 days a year, primarily within Europe, to present our research and knowledge at e.g. scientific conferences and application-focused workshops.
Current and previous colleagues know you as an action-oriented, ambitious team player who enjoys making your opinion heard, taking the lead and setting a direction. You also understand that engaging and collaborating with the right people is crucial, and you skilfully identify the level of quality needed for a specific task and adjust your efforts accordingly. You see mutual respect and trust as essential for delivering results as a team.
Moreover, we imagine that you bring:
- An educational background as e.g. civil engineer or architectural engineer.
- At least some years of experience in HVAC design or similar, preferably from a consulting engineering company, which has provided you with great confidence in your area of expertise.
- Knowledge of the different roles, tools and processes in construction projects.
- Experience scoping and executing projects in collaboration with the customer.
- An in-depth understanding of the research on indoor climate and how it affects humans.
- Experience with dynamic simulations of building performance, indoor climate simulations and analysis, especially IDA ICE, VELUX EIC Visualizer, VELUX Daylight Visualizer or similar software.
- The ability to communicate fluently in English, explain complex topics and adjust your messages and knowledge to different contexts and target groups. Danish language is an advantage but not a prerequisite.
You will have the opportunity to acquire new knowledge through networks and international conferences, and through collaboration with university researchers. With us, you get to dig deeper and thoroughly study the field of indoor climate control, optimisation, design and assessment.
Our knowledge is of utmost importance to the rest of the organisation, why you will have many possibilities for taking ownership and gaining influence as well as getting involved on higher, strategic levels.
Application and contact
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Senior Manager, Peter Foldbjerg by telephone +45 2448 6210.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.