Senior HV Components Engineer with HVDC and FACTS competences
Imagine a future where you contribute to the green energy transformation by building transmission systems for our future offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the HVDC components or grid stabilising components like STATCOMs and synchronous condensers for one of the company’s future offshore wind farms. We offer a position with responsibility, challenges, and focus on your career aspirations, where well-being and joy in work are at the top of the agenda.
Welcome to Transformers & HV Components Engineering
You’ll be part of a team where you, together with your colleagues, will be conducting engineering tasks related to the sourcing, manufacturing, and installation of HV equipment. We’re involved in the entire lifecycle of our offshore wind power projects, from the early stages of project development until handover of the energised wind farm. You’ll join a team of ambitious and highly skilled engineers who are delivering HV equipment to an increasing number of markets across the globe.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and maintaining technical requirements and participating in technical clarifications for sourcing of HV components, including HVDC systems, STATCOMs, and synchronous condensers
- driving technical development in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- aligning and optimising electrical and mechanical interfaces with key stakeholders, such as the structural engineering department and the electrical system design department
- ensuring the quality of HV components through compliance with our quality processes
- optimising the wind farm infrastructure and participating in innovative new cost-efficient solutions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have strong knowledge of and experience within HVDC systems, STATCOMs, and synchronous condensers
- have a master’s degree or maybe a PhD in electrical engineering
- understand electrical transmission system design requirements and how power electronic-based equipment can be utilised to improve grid stability and system performance
- have personal drive combined with a structured and proactive approach to your work
- are self-driven combined with a collaborative approach, enabling you to thrive in a team.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 08. August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jakob Boss Skårhøj, Manager, on +4599556864 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Due to annual leave, do not expect to hear from us until 8 August.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.