Would you like to take up the technical challenges in relation to offshore cables for wind farms?
Join us and become Senior HV Cable Engineer in the HV Cable department where you’ll be responsible for the supply and termination works of subsea high-voltage (HV) cables from 66kV to 220kV. You’ll be involved in all engineering phases related to the cable systems for offshore wind farms.
We offer you a unique opportunity to learn directly from a team of very experienced engineers and acquire an international network, as you’ll be working closely with colleagues across Europe.
Your key tasks will be to
- oversee the technical part of the tender process for the procurement of subsea cables
- lead the development of technical levers in collaboration with cable suppliers for optimising costs and time schedules
- manage the design, manufacturing and testing as well as quality assurance of cables and accessories
- monitor and report on project progress, manage risks and resolve issues as well as coordinating with contractors and the construction team to meet project deadlines
- manage changes in scope, schedule and costs and negotiate with internal stakeholders and contractors on how to proceed.
Furthermore, you’ll manage interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar
- have experience within high-voltage cables and accessories
- preferably have experience leading a team of engineers within a project organisation
- are a good communicator and speak and write English fluently
- are able to work both independently and as part of a team, and you thrive on having a dynamic workday.
Furthermore, you thrive in an international environment, can create good relationships with your stakeholders and have a structured, service-minded and flexible approach to your tasks. You’re independent and a strong initiator with the ability to solve challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation. Finally, it’s an advantage if you possess a project management certification (PMP or similar) and are familiar with submarine cable standards - CIGRE, IEC, ICEA - and FIDIC.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 19 May 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Morten Terkelsen, Manager of HV Cables, by telephone on +45 9955 6283 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening; further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling to our international offices and sites in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.