Senior Grid Connection Specialist for strategic approach to grid connection of offshore windfarms
Would you like to drive the grid integration of the biggest offshore wind farms in new markets together with highly professional colleagues?
Join us and become Senior Grid Connection Specialist in Grid Connections APAC where you’ll establish a proactive approach to regulators and TSO requirements in new markets. Our department is responsible for the electrical designs and for ensuring grid code compliance. You’ll scope the strategy for grid connections when we enter new markets in cooperation with internal and external stakeholders.
Your key tasks will be to
- obtain transmission grid knowledge for new markets, supporting early market- and project development activities
- follow grid developments with regard to capacity and support other projects and business development in new markets
- engage in strategy planning for entering new markets in regard to existing grid
- manage the conceptual scope regarding design of the overall electrical power transmission system from grid connection point to the wind turbine generator
- manage the grid connection process and the data exchange with the TSO.
You’ll also keep track of risks and problems and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
Additionally, you’ll handle other important aspects in connection with projects, e.g. optimisation and cost benefit analyses, supporting decision processes, planning work to meet critical milestones, supporting procurement and, not least, documenting technical solutions and analyses.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or, preferably, a master’s degree in electrical engineering
- have experience with electrical systems and power system tools like DigSILENT, PowerFactory and PSCAD
- have experience with grid codes and TSO requirements in regards to grid connection in a global context
- have experience working with strategy for new markets and projects
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks.
Furthermore, you speak and write English fluently. You thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
As a person, you have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner as well as present results in a professional way. You’re able to understand and engage different stakeholders both internally and externally.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 24 September 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Sune Grønskov, Manager of Grid Connections APAC, by telephone on +45 99 55 49 21 if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
You should expect travelling in relation to your work in- and outside Europe on a continuous basis.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.