Senior Geotechnical Site Assessment Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re involved in complex offshore geotechnical engineering challenges to develop offshore wind farms on a global scale
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for delivering high-quality site characterisations and engineering soil properties for facility design, installation assessments, power cable engineering, and more. You’ll be deeply involved in various complex projects on a global scale, where you’ll apply your experience and knowledge to scope, analyse, and interpret geotechnical in situ data and laboratory test results.
Welcome to Geotechnical Engineering
You’ll be part of Geotechnical Site Assessment where you, together with your colleagues, will be working in close collaboration with many talented people from around the world, who are passionate about offshore geotechnics and enjoy working together as a team. We offer exciting opportunities for you to apply your strong skills in soil mechanics and site characterisation to help develop some of the world’s largest offshore wind farms. Furthermore, you’ll be able to push developments within applied offshore geotechnics forward.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing senior geotechnical support to our offshore wind farms and your colleagues to ensure high-quality and state-of-the-art deliverables
- scoping, analysing, and interpreting large geotechnical datasets to provide high-quality site characterisations and engineering soil properties for facility design and installation assessments
- reporting the engineering soil properties in a detailed, transparent, and consistent way to obtain certification and regulatory approval
- the maturation and execution of several R&D initiatives to develop new ground investigation techniques and interpretation methods within soil and rock mechanics
- engaging in close collaboration with our supply chain and site investigation contractors to ensure fit-for-purpose testing techniques and high-quality results.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s or PhD degree in geotechnical engineering, civil engineering, or equivalent
- have substantial experience in site characterisation and analyses of in situ data and laboratory test results
- have a high degree of personal responsibility and accountability and are able to work with different tasks in parallel
- have a results-oriented approach to your work and show initiative and drive to ensure that things you’re responsible for are moving forward
- have strong communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 08 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Willem Knoops, Head of Geotechnical Engineering, on +447500953231 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.