Senior Geotechnical Engineer for offshore wind projects
Join us and become a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in our Site Investigation & Assessment team in the Geotechnical Engineering...
Would you like to work for a global leader and help us develop and construct large offshore wind projects in Northern Europe and world-wide?
Join us and become a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in our Site Investigation & Assessment team in the Geotechnical Engineering department where you’ll be responsible for a wide range of geotechnical activities related to the development, design and construction of offshore wind farms.
Geotechnical Engineering is part of a large group of more than 600 engineers, and you’ll work in an international environment where our projects bring together various disciplines and cultures. We are the world's largest developer of offshore wind power and our projects are far from being standard designs.
We see the technical development of novel methods to derive optimised soil properties as an integral part of our work – so if you have an interest in soil behaviour and in situ and lab testing, you’ll fit right in. Through your work, you’ll participate in the further development of sustainable CO2-free energy solutions.
Your key tasks will be to
- plan and scope phased geotechnical site investigations
- handle the technical management of such investigations, including in situ testing and laboratory works
- be responsible for geotechnical site assessments, including interpretation of laboratory and in situ testing results
- develop 3D ground modelling in close collaboration with our geologists and geophysicists
- handle the derivation of site-specific engineering soil properties and profiles for design.
You’ll be responsible for projects from the early development phase through to construction and provide high-quality geotechnical input to both internal and external colleagues. You‘ll also support and mentor junior geotechnical engineers as part of the preparation of engineering soil profiles for design, detailed engineering reports (e.g. GIRs) and technical notes documenting conclusions and recommendations.
Your competences include that you
- hold a Master of Science degree or a PhD degree within geotechnical engineering or equivalent
- have solid experience within geotechnical engineering, expert knowledge of geotechnical data handling packages such as gINT, and experience in producing detailed Geotechnical Interpretative Reports (GIRs)
- have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently
- have a result-oriented approach to your work and show initiative as well as the ability to compromise when required
- thrive on working both independently and together with your colleagues and business partners.
Furthermore, it’ll be an advantage if you have experience with managing teams to deliver results and a track record of delivering complex and high-quality geotechnical projects. Experience with offshore geotechnical site investigation and with handling large quantities of geotechnical data is also a plus.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 16 March 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Paul Gibbs, Team Lead in Site Investigations & Assessment, by telephone on +44 7807 997869 or Michael Mygind, Head of Geotechnical Engineering, by telephone on +45 9955 8522 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You may choose freely to be based either at our Danish office in Gentofte or Skærbæk near Fredericia or our UK office in London. You should, however, expect some travelling, mainly in Denmark and Northern Europe, in relation to your work. You may also be required to occasionally travel to emerging markets should you have project involvement in these areas.
All UK based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +44 7807 997869