Senior Geotechnical Engineer for foundation design and installation
Imagine a future where you’ll take the lead on pushing the boundaries of geotechnical design for offshore wind turbine foundations
Join us in this role where you’ll be the geotechnical expert in a wide range of geotechnical activities in relation to the planning, designing, and construction of offshore wind farms. You’ll take ownership of complex tasks and will be expected to actively engage in technical discussions and challenge the status quo.
Welcome to Geotechnical Engineering
You’ll be part of the Geotechnical Design & Installation team where you, together with your colleagues, will be working on a variety of projects, including large offshore wind farm developments in the EU, US, and the APAC region, R&D projects in collaboration with both internal and external parties, and in-house software development. You’ll be part of a large and diverse team of more than 50 geotechnical engineers from more than 17 different countries.
You’ll play an important role in:
- performing detailed geotechnical design tasks with the aim of implementing novel foundation designs and mature new design strategies
- supporting the development of in-house design tools capable of solving complex geotechnical problems related to detailed foundation design of offshore structures, e.g. monopiles and jackets
- using purpose-built or commercially available software for analysis of complex soil-structure interaction problems
- preparing detailed geotechnical reports and memoranda with the aim of having geotechnical parameters and design methods approved by a certification body
- closely collaborating with people from different engineering disciplines, e.g. structural, loads, etc., with the goal of executing state-of-the-art foundation design and developing new foundation solutions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have substantial experience within the field of offshore geotechnical engineering, preferably in the offshore renewables industry
- hold an MSc or a PhD degree in civil/geotechnical engineering (or equivalent)
- have a strong understanding of soil-structure interaction
- possess excellent leadership and communication skills, enabling you to communicate in a confident and clear way to both peers and senior colleagues
- speak and write English fluently
- have computer programming experience with different software packages, e.g. MATLAB.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 July 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations UK, , on talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting colleagues in other offices such as London, Copenhagen, and Skærbæk when required. However, we pride ourselves on having a life-friendly approach to our ways of working.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.