Join us and become a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in the Geotechnical Engineering department where you’ll be responsible for a wide range of geotechnical activities related to the planning, development, design and construction of offshore wind farms. You’ll be part of a large and diverse department of more than 40 geotechnical engineers from more than 17 different countries.
We offer a job where you’ll be able to work independently but also closely together with your colleagues and business partners in a multicultural international environment.
Your key tasks will be to
- perform detailed geotechnical design tasks with the aim of implementing novel foundation designs and mature new design strategies
- develop in-house design tools capable of solving complex geotechnical problems related to detailed foundation design
- use purpose-built or commercially available software for analysis of complex soil-structure interaction problems
- prepare detailed geotechnical reports and memoranda with the aim of having geotechnical parameters and design methods approved by a certification body
- closely collaborate with people from different engineering disciplines within the Foundations group, e.g. structural, loads and installation departments, with the goal of executing state-of-the-art foundation design and collaboratively developing new foundation solutions.
As part of the role, you’ll be the geotechnical expert on an array of projects related to offshore geotechnical engineering, including large offshore wind farm developments, R&D projects and in-house software development. You’ll take ownership of several complex tasks and will be expected to actively engage yourself in technical discussions.
Your competences include that you
- have substantial experience within the field of offshore geotechnical engineering
- hold an MSc or a PhD degree in civil/geotechnical engineering (or equivalent)
- have a strong understanding of soil-structure interaction
- possess excellent leadership and communication skills enabling you to communicate in a confident and clear way to both peers and superiors
- have computer programming experience with various software packages, e.g. MATLAB
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
An inclusive culture
At Ørsted, we believe that talent is diverse by nature. You’ll experience an inclusive culture that embraces diversity in thought and experience to solve challenges. And you’ll be valued for the unique contribution you make – and for being yourself.
For the UK, please contact email@example.com If you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 1 May 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to know more about the position. Please mention the position and hiring manager, Miguel Pacheco Andrade, Manager of Geotechnical Design & Installation, in the subject field.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect occasional overseas travel in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.