Imagine a future where you’re involved in complex offshore geotechnical engineering challenges for the development of offshore wind farms on a global scale
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for delivering high-quality site characterisations and engineering soil properties for facility design, installation assessments, power cable engineering, and more. You’ll be deeply involved in various complex projects on a global scale, where you’ll apply your experience and knowledge to scope, analyse, and interpret geotechnical in-situ data and laboratory test results.
Welcome to Geotechnical Engineering
You’ll be part of Geotechnical Site Assessment where you, together with your colleagues, will be working in close collaboration with many talented people from around the world who are passionate about offshore geotechnics and enjoy working together as a team. We offer exciting opportunities for you to apply your strong skills in soil mechanics and site characterisation to help develop some of the world’s largest offshore wind farms. Furthermore, you’ll be able to push developments within applied offshore geotechnics forward.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing senior geotechnical support to our offshore wind farms and your colleagues for ensuring high-quality and state-of-the-art deliverables
- scoping, analysing, and interpreting large geotechnical datasets for providing high-quality site characterisations and engineering soil properties for facility design and installation assessments
- reporting the engineering soil properties in a detailed, transparent, and consistent way for obtaining certification and regulatory approval
- managing the maturation and execution of several R&D initiatives for developing new ground investigation techniques and interpretation methods within soil and rock mechanics
- engaging in close collaboration with our supply chain and site investigation contractors for ensuring fit-for-purpose testing techniques and high-quality results.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s or PhD degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or equivalent
- have some experience in site characterisation and analyses of in-situ data and laboratory test results
- have a high degree of personal responsibility and accountability and are able to work with different tasks in parallel
- have a results-oriented approach to your work and show initiative and drive to ensure that the things you’re responsible for are moving forward
- have strong communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For the position in DK and the UK, please don’t hesitate to contact Amin Aghakouchak, Head of Geotechnical Site Assessment APA, on +447899040769, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder