Do you want to join the team responsible for pushing the boundaries of geotechnical design for offshore wind turbine foundations?
Join us and become a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in the Geotechnical Engineering department where you'll be responsible for a wide range of geotechnical activities related to the planning, development, design and construction of offshore wind farms. You'll be part of a large and diverse team of 25 Geotechnical Engineers from more than 14 different countries.
Your key tasks will be to:
- perform detailed geotechnical design tasks with the aim of implementing novel foundation designs and mature new design strategies
- develop in-house design tools capable of solving complex geotechnical problems related to detailed foundation design
- use purpose-built or commercially available software for analysis of complex soil-structure interaction problems
- prepare detailed geotechnical reports and memoranda with the aim of having geotechnical parameters and design methods approved by a Certification Body
- closely collaborate with people from different engineering disciplines within the Foundations group, e.g. structural, loads and installation departments, with the goal of executing state of the art foundation design and collaboratively developing new foundation solutions.
As part of the role, you'll be the geotechnical expert on an array of projects related to offshore geotechnical engineering, including large offshore wind farm developments, R&D projects (in collaboration with both internal and external parties) and in-house software development. You'll take ownership of several complex tasks and will be expected to actively engage yourself in technical discussions and challenge the status quo.
Your competences include that you:
- have 5-10 years of experience within the field of offshore geotechnical engineering
- hold a MSc or a PhD in civil/geotechnical engineering (or equivalent)
- have a strong understanding of soil-structure interaction
- possess excellent leadership and communication skills - being able to communicate in a confident and clear way to both peers and superiors
- have computer programming experience with various software packages, e.g. MATLAB
- speak and write English fluently
- are very proactive by nature and you are driven to create visible results.
Moreover, you have a positive, open-minded and result-oriented approach to your work and a personal drive to proactively suggest improvements within your area of responsability. Additionally, you'll be able to work independently but also thrive on working closely together with your colleagues and business partners in a multicultural international environment.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 3 November 2018 at18:00 CET, as we'll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don't hesitate to contact Miguel Pacheco Andrade, Team Lead of Geotechnical Design & Installation on email@example.com, if you'd like to know more about the position. Alternative you can contact Manager Willem Knoops at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the United Kingdom, please don't hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may procure a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.