Wood Thilsted is a consulting engineering company specialized in geotechnical and structural engineering within the offshore renewable energy industry. We are operating globally with projects located in Asia, North America and Northern Europe. We currently employ a staff of 133, working from offices in Denmark, Japan, Taiwan and the UK with a continued growth foreseen in the near future. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to our clients’ projects. We also aim to have a strong culture based on mutual trust, honesty, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere. In order to further our long-term strategy for growth we are searching for an ambitious Senior Geophysicist to join our company.
The team: You will be joining a team of highly skilled, self-starter geophysicists at various stages in their careers and from a wide background. What they share is a willingness to contribute where they can, to stand up and be counted and show a real thirst for making a positive change every day. This team forms part of a larger site assessments group.
Areas of responsibility: As a Senior Geophysicist, your main objective will be to provide high-quality geophysical support to our clients in the offshore wind industry.
Typical areas of work may include:
- Geophysical survey scoping, tendering, management and supervision through the exploration, maturation and operations phases of an OWF life cycle (seismic, surface and UXO)
- Site characterization through 3D ground modelling, seismic interpretation and seabed analysis for both array and export cable route zones
- Geohazard identification, quantification and mitigation
- Depth conversion of 3D structural models
- Application of advanced geophysical methods to increase the value of information
- Geophysical data processing
- Database management
- Technical report preparation and/or review
- Geophysical project coordination and management
- Input to geotechnical campaign design
- Cable route engineering support including CBRA
- Desk top study creation
- Client liaison and relationship management
- New business delivery
- Play a role in the development of, and following Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) guidelines
- Mentoring of junior geoscientists and engineers
Your background: You should hold a Master's degree (or significant equivalent experience) in a geoscience related discipline with a strong emphasis on the practical application of your skillset. You should thrive in a multi-disciplinary, international environment and speak and write English fluently. You should be technically exceptional with an entrepreneurial and passionate spirit and be capable of providing support to our activities from day one.
You must have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and you should be motivated by creating industry-leading results through teamwork. The successful applicant will also:
- Have a proven track record in delivering large geophysical projects, with a strong technical focus including geophysical site surveys and ground investigations
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively
- A demonstrable track record of 2D UHR multi-channel seismic acquisition for shallow investigation will be viewed favourably
- Previous experience with GIS is considered an advantage.
This opening is available for any of our European offices, based on local terms and conditions. For the right candidate flexible place of work may be arranged.
There may be some travel in relation to your work. Opportunities for short or long-term postings abroad may be available.
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences and work on interesting projects. At Wood Thilsted, we care about our people and we are committed to a brighter future. We have defined our set of values and behaviors that are at the heart of everything we do. Our work environment is a place where everyone can be themselves and be their best. We are result-orientated and innovation-driven at a high professional level and with excellence in delivery. Besides this we also offer competitive salary packages, pension, health and life insurance as well as flexibility in working hours and locations.
Any questions: Please reach out to Angela Holst International HR Business: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply: Please apply using the link: http://woodthilsted.com/careers/ where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.
You can read more about us by visiting our website: https://www.woodthilsted.com/ or our Linkedin page for the newest updates.
Wood Thilsted is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive and supportive environment for all employees. While we do not use closing dates, Wood Thilsted reserve the right to close a role at any time.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.