Wood Thilsted is a world leading engineering consultancy specialising in offshore wind farm development from project exploration through to operation. We are globally active with multi-disciplinary projects located in Northern Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. The company currently employs nearly 100 passionate and world leading experts working primarily from the UK and Denmark. In order to further our long-term strategy for growth we are searching for an ambitious Senior/Lead Geophysicist to join our company.
To our clients, we offer ground investigation services and management advice on wind farm developments, as well as design and structural analysis of foundations. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to the projects developed by our clients. Internally, we foster a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a positive social atmosphere.
The team: You will be joining a small team of highly skilled, self-starter geophysicists at various stages in their careers and from a wide background. What they share is a willingness to input where they can, to stand up and be counted and show a real thirst for making a positive change every day. This team forms part of a larger site assessments group.
Areas of responsibility: As a Senior Geophysicist, your main objective will be to provide high-quality geophysical support to our clients in the offshore wind industry.
Typical areas of work are likely to include:
- Geophysical survey scoping, tendering, management and supervision through the exploration, maturation and operations phases of an OWF life cycle (seismic, surface and UXO)
- Site characterisation through 3D ground modelling, seismic interpretation, attribute analysis and log integration for both array and export cable route zones
- Depth conversion of 3D structural models
- Geohazard identification, quantification and mitigation
- Application of advanced geophysical methods to increase the value of information
- Geophysical data processing
- Technical report preparation and/or review
- Geophysical project coordination and management
- Desk top study creation
- Database management
- Client liaison and relationship management
- New business delivery
- Input to geotechnical campaign design
- Cable route engineering support including CBRA
- Play a role in the development of, and following Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) guidelines
- Mentoring of junior geoscientists and engineers
Your background: You should hold a Master's degree (or significant equivalent experience) in a geoscience related discipline with a strong emphasis on the practical application of your skillset. You should thrive in a multi-disciplinary, international environment and speak and write English fluently. You should be technically exceptional with an entrepreneurial and passionate spirit and be capable of providing support to our activities from day one.
This opening is available for any of our European offices, based on local terms and conditions. There may be some travel in relation to your work. Opportunities for short or long-term postings abroad may be available.
You must have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and you should be motivated by creating industry-leading results through teamwork. The successful applicant will also:
- Have a proven track record in delivering large geophysical projects, with a strong technical focus including geophysical site surveys and ground investigations
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively
- A demonstrable track record of 2D/3D UHR multi-channel seismic acquisition for shallow investigation will be viewed favourably.
What you get
- You will be joining a dynamic consultancy company focused on supporting the green agenda.
- You will be joining a growing and evolving organisation allowing you to shape your path
- A competitive package including 10% non-contributed pension and life insurance
- 25 days + bank holidays
Apply: Please apply using the link: http://woodthilsted.com/careers/ where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.
You can read more about us by visiting our website: https://www.woodthilsted.com/ or our Linkedin page for the newest updates.
Wood Thilsted is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive and supportive environment for all employees. While we do not use closing dates, Wood Thilsted reserve the right to close a role at any time.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.