Senior (Full Stack) Software Engineer for digital trading journey
Do you want to use your expertise, passion and integrity to inject algorithms and automated intelligence into market decisions made by the global leader in green energy production?
Join us and become the first Senior (Full Stack) Software Engineer in our great team of analysts, data scientists and quantitative developers in our Analytics team in Finance & IT, where you’ll be shaping our foundational software products. The technology landscape for algorithm-fuelled energy trading is transforming rapidly and you’ll be at the beating heart of our team’s mission to develop innovative solutions and accelerate the organisation’s journey towards digital trading.
Our models, simulations and digital products enable the organisation to optimise and risk manage energy assets on a global scale, from our primary wind assets to complex gas and power derivatives. Working closely with customers and stakeholders across functions like Market Trading and Risk Management, we are constantly developing, running and expanding our landscape of high-quality financial models, analytical products, platforms and tools.
Your key tasks will be to
- shape and develop software products, including backend and occasionally frontend for web applications
- bring a ‘software product mindset’, such as ensuring that even ‘short notice’ code changes to support day-to-day operations are carried out in a manner consistent with best practice for software development
- work directly with fellow colleagues in our Analytical Platforms scrum team
- deliver work in a structured manner and actively share knowledge with team members
- become a visible senior voice and an integral part of the team, as well as help foster and grow a culture of transparency and positive communication.
As Senior Software Engineer, you’ll collaborate closely with a diverse set of business stakeholders, energy originators and analysts, as well as the broader technical delivery organisation.
Your competences include that you
- have substantial experience working in an operationally critical environment and with developing large projects/products (while a university degree can be advantageous, it’s more important that you possess real hands-on experience in operationally critical contexts)
- possess strong coding skills across a variety of languages in Unix and Windows environments, from low-level (e.g. C/C++, Rust) to high-level (e.g. Java, C#, Python, Bash), and that you have experience with data bases
- are curious, humble and a team player and have a strong desire to be part of - and greatly impact - our diverse team of strong analysts, developers and data scientists
- (ideally also) have knowledge of financial mathematics, including how to develop and deploy new pricing models and methodologies.
You speak and write English fluently, will thrive in an international environment and be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships. Knowledge about and/or experience from the energy sector will furthermore be considered a strong advantage.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 29 October 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jan Voetmann, Head of Analytics, by telephone on +45 9955 4105, if you’d like to know more about the position.
This position is currently based out of our offices in Virum. By early 2020, the Analytics team will have relocated permanently to our organisation’s main Copenhagen location in Gentofte.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.