Do you want to ensure the best suppliers for fabrication of our offshore foundation structures?
Join us and become Senior Fabrication Manager in the Fabrication Management Department, which is part of the Foundation Functional Area.
As a Senior Fabrication Manager, you'll work in a project team typically within our Product Line organisation. You'll be responsible for all the technical aspects in identifying, evaluating, selecting and contracting with the best suppliers for our steel foundation structures.
Your key tasks will be to
- monitor and evaluate the suppliers we use on execution projects from a technical perspective
- obtain and analyse technical performance feedback from our fabrication supervision teams and together with the team and Product Line contribute to supplier development
- establish and keep updated databases on our suppliers' technical qualifications, including management and organisation, technical and human capacities, quality, safety and ability to manage risks
- participate - as directed by the Module Group Owner/Project Manager, and in close cooperation with the commercial Supply Chain Manager - in meetings and negotiations with potential suppliers for preparing supply agreements
- secure alignment of technical solutions with our suppliers, our design departments and other internal stakeholders in Ørsted.
You'll also perform technical assessment of potential new suppliers, including preparation of relevant material and technical recommendations for strategic supplier agreements. Furthermore, you're expected to understand, develop and contribute to technical levers to improve on cost, quality, time and risk for the supply of foundations structures.
Your competences include that you
- have a master's or bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably mechanical engineering and/or within manufacturing of offshore steel structures
- have extensive experience in management or supervision of large steel structures for the offshore industry and can contribute significantly with both theoretical knowledge and practical experience
- are a team player who thrives in a busy result-orientated matrix organisation where sharing experience, learnings and results is an essential competence
- speak and write English fluently, enabling you to communicate insights in writing and in presentations
- can plan, execute and document your activities in a systematic way.
In addition, you're able to liaise with numerous internal and external stakeholders in a dialogue which is cooperative, open and trustworthy. Moreover, you are a social, energetic, proactive and self-motivated person.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 15 March 2018 at 18:00 CET, as we'll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don't hesitate to contact Susanne Aagaard Klode, Manager of Fabrication Management, by telephone on +45 9955 7418, or Hans Pedersen, Head of Foundation Projects Management, by telephone +45 9955 8479 if you'd like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect a high number of travelling days in relation to your work both international and overseas. More than 60 days per year should be expected.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 9955 7418