Senior Fabrication Manager for offshore foundation structures
Are you looking for an expatriation, and do you want to ensure quality, timely delivery and development in respect of offshore foundation contractors in our Taiwan project?
Join us and become Senior Fabrication Manager in the Fabrication Management Department where you’ll work in a project team within our Asset Project organisation. You’ll be responsible for one or more contractors in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) area, and it’s a prerequisite that you’re ready for 2-3 years of expatriation in this area.
The Fabrication Management Department is part of the Foundation Functional Area. You’ll be part of an experienced team and department where the pace is high and the challenges are many.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage the foundation contractor and ensure that the product meets the contract requirements for quality, time and costs
- conduct weekly progress meetings with the contractor
- manage a small team of supervisors, technical quality engineers and external third-party consultants
- liaise with our back-office support organisation to ensure efficient processing of technical queries and NCRs
- report on progress, quality, risks, etc., to Package Management.
In addition, you’ll secure alignment of technical solutions with our contractors and our internal stakeholders in the Group, such as designers, installation, O&M, etc. You’ll also secure relevant documentation from the contractor. Furthermore, you’re expected to understand, develop and contribute to technical levers to improve on cost, quality, time and risk for the general supply of foundation structures in the Group.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s or bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably within mechanical and/or manufacturing of offshore steel structures
- have extensive experience in management and supervision of large steel jacket structures for the offshore industry and can contribute significantly with both theoretical knowledge and practical experience, making you able to make the required decisions
- have a responsible, structured and analytical approach to your work tasks, enabling you to keep the big overview and inform your customer of the actual status and possible risks
- are flexible and adaptable, enabling you to handle your tasks, even in a sometimes hectic environment
- are a team player who thrives in a busy result-oriented matrix organisation where sharing experience, learnings and results are essential competences.
You’re social, energetic, proactive and self-motivated, and you can liaise with numerous internal and external stakeholders in a dialogue which is cooperative, open and trustworthy. Moreover, you speak and write English fluently, and it would be a huge advantage if you have experience in working with the Asian cultures.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 23 December 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Susanne Aagaard Klode, Manager of Fabrication Management, by telephone on +45 9955 7418, or Hans Pedersen, Head of Foundation Projects Management, on +45 9955 8479 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Travelling between different countries in the APAC area will be required to a certain extent in order to visit subcontractors and suppliers.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.