Senior Export Cable Project Engineer
Imagine a future where you’ll be part of one of our challenging offshore projects and responsible for the design and quality of export
Imagine a future where you’ll be part of one of our challenging offshore projects and responsible for the design and quality of export cables.
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the engineering of Export cables. You’ll be interacting directly with the cable supplier and different internal stakeholders to manage relevant interfaces. You’ll work in a team involved in all phases of a project, from concept development up to commissioning.
Welcome to HV Cables
You’ll be part of Export Cable Managers where you, together with your colleagues, will be ensuring the highest quality during the design, manufacturing, termination, and testing of export cables in a challenging project. You’ll have a unique opportunity to work together with a team of experienced engineers, and you’ll be cooperating closely with colleagues across Europe, the US, and APAC.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the design, manufacturing, testing, and making quality assurance, of cable products and related accessories
- ensuring that the export cable supply and termination package is on time, on budget, and, most importantly, in compliance with the highest quality standards
- ensuring that the proposed technical solution is in line with international standards, internal best practices, and contractual requirements
- reviewing designs and supplier technical proposals, and ensuring the suitability of technical solutions across all functional areas e.g. installation, HV components, on and offshore substations, etc.
- managing interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have demonstrable experience within engineering of high voltage cables and accessories
- have an international mindset
- are an excellent communicator and speak and write English fluently
- preferably have in-depth knowledge of submarine cable standards, such as CIGRE, IEC, and ICEA.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 20 June 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Christian Hauge Svendsen, Head of Export Cables Managers, on +4599556184 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be participating in team meeting, visiting the suppliers during manufacturing, tests, and installation.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.