Senior Export Cable Onshore Installation Manager
Imagine a future where you’ll be part of one of our challenging offshore projects and be responsible for the technical input of landfall and onshore installations connecting our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for providing technical support associated with the development, engineering, and execution of the landfall installation to facilitate the pull-in of HV export cables connecting our offshore wind farms. You’ll be interacting directly with the contractors and a vast suite of internal stakeholders to manage the scope and relevant interfaces. You’ll have a unique opportunity to work together with a team of experienced engineers and project managers.
Welcome to HV Cables
You’ll be part of HV Cables Development & Operation Management where you, together with your colleagues, will be ensuring the most reliable and competitive solutions to support our bids. Establishing our brand in a global market, you’ll play a fundamental part in ensuring the optimal landfall and onshore cable installation solutions are determined and progressed to ensure alignment with Permitting, Site Investigation, Risk Management, Schedule, Budget, Engineering, and Procurement.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the design and engineering of all aspects of the landfall and onshore cable installation scopes
- leading the interface with other work scopes, both onshore and offshore, ensuring alignment with landfall and onshore cable installation
- preparing documentation to feed Permitting with the technical solution, ensuring that the method and design for landfall and onshore installation scopes are both viable and support a competitive bid
- leading the technical aspect of the procurement process to ensure contractor engagement, giving consideration to safety, quality, budget, schedule, etc.
- providing technical expertise to support the project manager in decision-making and its substantiation throughout the lifecycle of the project, from optioneering to construction.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have demonstrable experience within engineering or delivery of landfall installations, including both onshore and offshore (nearshore) works
- are familiar with the principles of trenchless technology, including HDD for long length/large diameter/complex installations
- are able to present and explain technical material to non-technical personnel
- are able to work on numerous tasks, challenges, and projects simultaneously and independently
- have knowledge of marine operations, particularly nearshore and associated with landfall installations.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 08 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Simone Pagliuca, Head of HVC Development & Operation Mgmt, on +4599557336 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting suppliers and different construction sites across the world. However, we pride ourselves on having a strong family and life-friendly ethos and approach to our ways of working.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.