Are you enthusiastic about Environment? Do you look for an opportunity to make a meaningful impact? Do you enjoy leading ideas into reality? Is collaboration one of the most important aspects for you? Then you could be the Senior Environment Specialist we are looking for.
The job – Senior Environment Specialist
As Senior Environment Specialist you will develop a specific framework on our environmental activities related to our Hearing Aids business. This new framework shall be linked to the overall sustainability focus for Demant. The person in this position shall understand the environmental regulations our products are covered by. Using this knowledge to make a framework with the activities that has the biggest environmental impact. Drive and participate in the activities/projects to ensure the relevant knowledge and persons are involved so we can expect the best outcome.
The job consists of many kinds of tasks. Four of them will be:
- Scouting environmental requirement relevant for our products and together with relevant functions
- Implement environmental regulations in our organization
- Calculating the environmental impact of specific products
- Creating framework for next steps in our sustainability journey
This means that you will work with strategy, project management and scenario calculations.
This position will be a part of the RA team. The RA team is in total 22 persons. Most of the team works with regulation directly related to medical devices. The person will work closely with a group of people working with sustainability across the Hearing Aids business and the Demant Sustainability group.
How to contribute to our strategy:
- Together with relevant functions, you ensure the development of a framework to environmental activities related to our hearing aids business. This should be linked to the overall Demant sustainability strategy
- You analyze the environmental impact of our products
- You create individual projects and activities linked to the environmental framework for hearing aids
- You implement environmental aspects in our processes and products
- You coordinate the collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- You prepare information for the annual corporate non-financial statement
The person we are looking for:
- is a University Graduate (M.Sc.E or similar),
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience within the fields of environmental & sustainability
- Experience in developing environmental/sustainability projects across functions
- Expert knowledge on the subjects and being able to deep dive into the details of LCA, scenario calculations and carbon emissions management
- Knowledge and experience with working with ISO14001
- Project management skills, analytical skills, and a structured thinking
- Experience in designing and forming partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Effective communication and presentations skills
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English
As an individual, we are looking for someone who is motivated and initiative-taking. Furthermore, you like to challenge the status quo as you pursue opportunities and create tangible solutions to complex problems.
We can make a difference
You will be part of a collaborative environment built on trust and openness, where you will find a strong motivation. We are a growing international company, where everyone strives to ensure that customers find our products the most attractive on the market. You will become part of a work environment where flexible working conditions, knowledge-sharing and professional respect make it both exciting and meaningful to go to work.
Don’t hesitate to reach out
If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact the Senior Director of Regulatory Affairs, Mette Bang Dyhrberg on +45 20 63 01 83.
Kindly submit your application as soon as possible, as we are screening applications on a continuous basis. Deadline for the application is 29th October 2023. We only accept applications via our online recruitment system.
We look forward to hearing from you
At Demant we value diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of ethnic background, personality, age, gender, and education. Diversity is part of our cultural DNA. Women in STEM areas are particularly encouraged to apply, as Demant supports United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 5 on gender equality.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder