Senior Engineer for Load Measurement Analysis
Imagine a future where you help validating of our offshore wind farms using load measurements to ensure optimal design and performance
Join us in this role where you’ll be a key contributor in making our organisation a competitive offshore wind developer and operator. In this position, you’ll apply your engineering expertise and data analysis skills to our comprehensive field data from our expanding fleet of offshore wind turbines. You’ll use computational modelling in conjunction with our in-house load simulation tools to verify our structures against load measurement data.
Welcome to Measurement Analysis and Verification
You’ll join our team of engineers in Wind Turbine Technology with expertise in structural dynamics in analysing load measurements of our offshore wind turbines and foundations. The team has an integral role in the design, construction, and operational phases and, as such, collaboration across the organisation is fundamental to our success. Our broad footprint provides development opportunities in a variety of technical disciplines from a unique perspective.
You’ll play an important role in:
- feeding back our findings to the design teams to improve future foundation designs
- supporting decisions for installation, transportation, maintenance, and turbine operations from a loading perspective
- validating the designs of our wind turbine foundations and confirming the operational behaviour of our turbines to secure optimal performance
- scoping, analysing, and reporting outcomes from our load measurement campaigns on our operational wind farms, with a focus on structural and component loads
- influencing industry practice with cutting-edge research and development based on field data.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have relevant experience in the analysis of metocean and load measurement data for wind turbine structures and components
- have a master’s degree or higher in engineering, physics, or a similar subject, with a background in structural dynamics
- have the ability to share your knowledge, ideas, and results with your fellow team members, as well as stakeholders with a different expertise, through reports and presentations
- enjoy using curiosity, creativity, and ingenuity to draw value from field data
- have strong programming skills in MATLAB for working with large data sets and tool development, with experience with other languages incl. Python and SQL being an asset.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 27 June 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Torben Søndergaard, Senior Manager, on +4599557125 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via the "Apply" link and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.