Senior electromagnetic design engineer for an innovative energy storage company: Wattsup Power A/S
WattsUp Power A/S is an innovative Danish energy storage company looking to recruit a senior electric motor design engineer as the latest addition to our innovative team located in Copenhagen.
Your new company
WattsUp Power A/S is an innovative Danish energy storage company looking to recruit a senior electric motor design engineer as the latest addition to our innovative team located in Copenhagen. The role will primarily be
responsible for development of the heart of the product; the motor/generator. WattsUp Power A/S is developing and commercializing a flywheel energy storage system (FESS) targeted at renewable energy integration, grid infrastructure, balancing, stabilization, and transportation. A key differentiator, at the core of the product, is the custom high-performance permanent magnet synchronous motor/generator (PMSM), for which we are recruiting an experienced engineer to advance the development. If you want to change the global energy landscape and create the best energy storage product for the world, then this job is surely something for you.
Your new role
We are looking for an experienced electromagnetic design Engineer to play an essential role for the development of the heart of the product; the motor/generator As our new Senior Electromagnetic Design Engineer, you will be part of the R&D team, and be responsible for the design, construction, and testing of our electrical motors. As part of the function, you will be responsible for the high performance and efficiency required for the product. It is important that you have a comprehensive approach to the quality and performance of the product and take great care of the integration into the flywheel, which features high strength fiber-reinforced composites, magnetic bearings, motor/generator, and a vacuum and cooling environment.
To be successful in this job, you must have deep knowledge and understanding of electromagnetic design and parameters, including manufacturing processes related to electromagnetic assemblies, cooling system, lamination, windings, hard and soft magnetic materials, potting, insulation etc., and experience with practicalities concerning assembly of electrical machinery.
You need to be familiar with design of dynamic systems, e.g. as other dynamics systems, actuators, high frequency devices, turbomachinery and have a structured and focused approach to your assignments, also when working under pressure.
Since we are a global company, you will be involved in cross-cultural collaboration, and you will join an international team. Consequently, you must be able to communicate efficiently in English.
You will be a part of a dynamic innovation culture characterized by a strong team spirit.
Your ideal background
- Engineering degree in the field of electrical engineering at M.Sc. level or equivalent
- 3-5 years of Electrical Engineering background
- Experience with design and construction of electrical / electromagnetic systems
- Knowledge and understating of electrical and magnetic materials, design, testing and implementation
- It is important that you have previous experience with design of electromagnetic systems andmachinery
- Rotor dynamics
- Experience with (Permanent) Passive Magnetic Bearings (PMB)
- Experience with Active Magnetic Bearings (AMB) is advantage
- Familiar with Finite Element Modelling packages and MATLAB Simulink
- Industry experience in a similar R&D environment will be considered as advantage
Your new responsibilities
- Design, construct and test our motor
- Finite element calculations of the passive magnetics
- Optimize the motor design and integration to the control system, with closed loop control techniques and pulse-width modulation (PWM)
- Study and apply technical literature to drive the development towards the state of the art and beyond technology
- Perform complex analysis and make design and production decisions based on the results
- Apply and implement solutions to comply with the regulatory standards of electric machinery and rotor control systems
- Communicate, build, and maintain a good work relationship with sub-contractors and suppliers, including design, pilot/prototyping and procurement meetings and reviews
- Work closely with the mechanical engineering team on the integration of different components into the flywheel structure
- Make lifetime and life-cycle assessment on materials, sub-components, and the final motor.
What you'll get in return
- Chance to make a significant impact with and within a dynamic start-up company
- A career path within a renewable energy startup
- Competitive salary dependent on experience options scheme for right people
- Modern, innovative, and flexible company with a strong team spirit
What to do now
We welcome applications from all candidates. To apply, please submit your application letter & CV to:Yara Howeidi Gredar - email@example.com
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder