The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including Command and Control (C2) systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry. Terma A/S is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
Are you an experienced and gifted program manager with great people skills? Would you like to drive product development of C2 systems within a market leading global company?
Terma is looking for an experienced and result-oriented candidate to head the C2 Systems domain within Programs & Systems Management.
The position is accountable for the execution and delivery of Terma product development projects, full life-cycle technical ownership of Terma products and Terma Systems Engineering disciplines within C2 systems.
Programs & Systems Management is part of the Technology & Innovation (TEC) organization and is the point-of-contact towards the Business Areas. The responsibility further encompasses project portfolio management, technical product management and committing TEC on cost, schedule and scope for product development and product sustainment projects within the C2 domain.
As our new Senior Director of Programs & Systems Management, C2 Systems, you will be based in Herlev, Denmark. You will be responsible for the C2 management team in Programs & Systems, being an organization with approximately 35 people, consisting of Project Managers, Systems Engineers, Technical Product Managers and System Testers. The organization is divided on the Terma locations in Herlev and in Lystrup.
You will have approximately 10 direct reports in total, consisting of senior specialists, project managers and two people managers.
You will get the responsibility for one of the essential areas of Terma, C2 systems, and will be part of an ambitious management team in TEC with the common goal of securing our short & long term business results and strategic direction in Terma.
Terma has more than 30 years of experience as system integrator of Command & Control (C2) solutions to both the military and civil markets, where multiple sensors are integrated into a common system, providing the best possible situational overview in order to identify and counter threats early and effectively.
Programs & Systems Management, C2 systems, develops a broad range of demanding SW system solutions for Naval as well as Land based C2 applications.
Terma has delivered C2 solutions as lead system integrator for more than 30 years and is a leading provider of C2 solutions suitable for many kinds of vessels.
Our Naval product portfolio supports navies, coast guards and marine police worldwide to ensure maritime safety and security, involving patrolling of territorial waters, enforcing national and international laws, and conducting efficient missions for surveillance, policing, inspection, Search & Rescue (SAR), as well as humanitarian and environmental operations.
What can Terma offer?
You will be part of a committed organization within a demanding and exciting domain, with a growing market, providing numerous challenges and ample opportunity for personal development. We focus on career opportunities and supplementary training and education.
In addition to the professional challenges, Terma offers a wide range of social activities and sports facilities, where employees meet in an informal atmosphere.
Tasks will include:
• Leadership of an organization across two sites in Denmark and across C2 applications for land and naval
• Program management at strategic and operational level, including aligning and involving key stakeholders in TEC and the Business Area, planning, and following up on program activities
• Coordinate efforts in development of new products to secure successful and timely launch of new C2 systems products
• Project owner for the product development projects and product maintenance projects within C2 systems
• Secure best-in-class competences within project management, program management, technical product management, system test and systems engineering disciplines
• Portfolio management including updated and aligned views on needed and available resources within C2 systems domain, prioritization and communication hereof
• Reporting according to agreed schemes
Your professional qualifications:
• You have a relevant engineering or similar combined with solid program management experience and technical flair
• You have experience with product development of SW products
• You are fluent in written and spoken Danish and English
Your personal qualifications:
• You represent visible and proven leadership and strong management skills
• You possess strong stakeholder management skills
• You are highly goal and action oriented
• You are open minded, robust and an experienced change manager
• You thrive working by given development processes
If you want to know more about the position or have any questions, please contact VP, Programs & Systems, Martin Løkke, on Phone + 45 2027 6542 or email email@example.com.