Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply, you will help find the biological answers and build the new businesses that can pave the way for a brighter future.
Data Scientist for Production Process Engineering
At Novozymes we are building a new department to bring data-driven processes into our critical business path, building data systems and applications to support current industrial processes and drive new business opportunities. As the market leader in industrial biotech we need to lead the way also in analytics and becoming data driven.
You are an end-to-end problem solver who prefers to solve their problems with data and programming within an experienced team. You have had your data science models running in production, understanding the value in what you do, supplying end users with insights from data applications running in production. You’ve seen several different use cases and have felt the pain of embedding your work in existing disparate production environments.
Day-to-day you will be working focused and agile on a project-by-project basis, in a cross-functional team built from subject matter experts and technical experts, always looking for the next production system to build supporting Novozymes core business. As part of the new department you and the team around you are responsible for building smart and sustainable data applications together with the internal end users as you learn more about the data and support gradually more business cases.
In this position you need to:
- Have 2+ years working on data analysis within production IT systems (post qualification)
- Hold a PhD degree in Natural Science (physics, chemistry, bioinformatics), including dealing with data-related problems solved with statistical methods
- Have experience with projects involving multivariate analysis, including traditional functional modelling and simulation
- Have strong foundation in statistics through education and applied work
- Be experienced in using open source toolkits and frameworks in production
- Be a programmer who is comfortable developing in one of the following languages: C++, Java, Haskell, Scala, Python. Furthermore, you are comfortable on the Linux command line
The requirements listed above are considered as necessary, in order to be successful in this position. The following qualifications/experience are considered as good-to-have:
- Linux command-line expert
- Python Data Science toolkit: SciKit Learn, Pandas
- Basic understanding of modelling from simplified modelling, through machine learning to deep learning
- Data pipelining tooling (Knime, Airflow, Spark Pipelines)
- Agile (scrum) project management as a developer
- Working with remote distributed computing
- Bash scripting
- DevOps capabilities (continuous integration, continuous deployment, AB testing, Git, Jenkins, Docker)
- Cloud infrastructure technician (aws, cloudformation, terraform)
- IoT, sensor data, and streaming such data through distributed systems
- Experience with industrial processes, distributed control systems, or laboratory work
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
For more information please contact Federico Decara on +45 3077 9950.
Application deadline: April 6, 2018.
Please attach your diploma(s) when you apply for the job.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder