Join us and become Senior Data Engineer in Advanced Analytics where you’ll get the opportunity to architect and build end-to-end data engineering solutions that provide the foundation for an enterprise platform for cloud-based analytics across the company. Our team includes professionals that are passionate about data, data applications and green energy, and you’ll be advising the business on how to enable data in order to increase business value.
Your key tasks will be to
- design and build data pipelines with streaming capabilities for modern cloud-based analytics across the company
- work with big data and complex and large datasets to be presented in a structured way to the business consumers
- ensure that the data format and storage options are the best fit for the needs of the end users
- optimise security, stability and performance of data pipelines
- maintain and monitor existing data pipelines on the Ørsted Data Lake.
You’ll also help data scientists with data flows for their models and applications to ensure efficient execution. In addition, you’ll run PoCs to select and maintain relevant data engineering tools.
Your competences include that you
- have a passion for developing software that addresses data processing challenges
- have substantial software development experience using Python and solid experience with monitoring and orchestration of data pipelines running in production
- have solid experience with quantitative analysis and with processing large data volumes
- have solid experience with popular cloud platforms and container technology tools
- speak and write English fluently.
You also have experience setting up streaming pipelines and event queuing. Having experience with one or more of the following is a plus: installation and maintenance of Linux and Linux-based applications, working with Spark/PySpark, NiFi and streaming technology such as Kafka or similar.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 6 April 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Martin Frøling Pedersen, Team Lead of Advanced Analytics, by telephone on +45 9955 5579 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.