Are you a data enthusiast who thrives in developing platform solutions that enable the use of data across disciplines and business areas?
Join us and become Senior Data Engineer in Data & Advanced Analytics where you’ll work on developing the organisation’s data backbone, and where you’ll inspire and advise stakeholders on how to enable data. The Data & Advanced Analytics team is one of five teams in the Architecture, Data & Technology department and is committed to delivering on the Group’s digital strategy and creating a strong data platform for analytics.
We offer a role in a team of 30 professionals who are all passionate about data, technology and green energy, operating within platform engineering, model engineering, data management, data engineering and data science. In addition, we offer you the opportunity to ensure data availability and transformation of data, enabling the construction of diverse capabilities such as analytics, model management, machine learning etc. – all built on cloud technologies.
Your key tasks will be to
- ensure data collection procedures for building analytics systems
- build, evolve and maintain the ingestion pipelines to the Data Lake platform and ensure that data is made available in a way that is optimised for security, stability and performance
- participate in developing the capabilities and governance of the data platform
- maintain a constant dialogue with the business data scientist community to find ways to optimise data packaging and structuring to enable reuse and support of common business scenarios
- write production-grade, peer-reviewed SQL and Python code with automated tests
- set up monitoring and orchestration of data pipelines.
Your competences include that you
- have substantial experience in RDBMS and SQL and have substantial DevOps and development experience using Python
- have substantial experience with Linux and Linux-based applications
- have solid experience working with Spark/PySpark and NiFi
- have experience with monitoring and orchestrating data pipelines
- have solid experience with cloud platforms and container technology (we use Docker)
- are a team player, willing to learn new technologies and methods and happy to drive progress.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 5 June 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jacob Hedegaard-Blaaberg, Head of Data & Advanced Analytics, by telephone on +45 99 55 40 81 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder