Senior Data Engineer to evolve data lake
Are you a data enthusiast who like developing data platform solutions?
Join us and become Senior Data Engineer in a team where you’ll work closely with our Agile Release Train and business experts where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering projects and proof of concepts regarding our data backbone. You’ll build our data backbone as well as inspire and advise the stakeholders to use advanced analytics and artificial intelligence techniques to create value for our business.
Your key tasks will be to
- ensure data collection procedures for building analytic systems
- build and evolve the ingestion pipelines to the Data Lake platform and ensure that data is made available in a way that is optimised for security, stability and performance
- operationalise data mining and analysis into business applications
- maintain a constant dialogue with the business data scientist community to find ways to optimise data packaging and structuring to enable reuse and support of common business scenarios.
Furthermore, you’ll deliver expertise and training as a service to business areas that don’t have their own resources.
Your competences include that you
- have solid experience with Big Data architecture, analytics and development
- have solid experience from quantitative or data-heavy functions
- are good at scripting and programming in C#, .Net or Java
- have experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms and application development
- have proven experience working with Spark/PySpark.
You also have proven experience in common data science, machine learning and visualisation techniques within, e.g., R, Python and/or MatLab.
Moreover, you have experience with popular cloud platforms, such as Microsoft, and data container technology tools. You speak and write English fluently and are familiar with agile frameworks.
You’ll be part of an IT organisation on a journey towards a new ownership. We’re looking for a person who is open-minded, a team player and curious to be part of the green transformation within the utility sector.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 3 November 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jakob Møl Mortensen, Team Lead in Energy Analytics, by telephone on +45 9955 6360 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.