Senior Data Engineer to evolve our data lake
Are you a data enthusiast who loves developing platform solutions that enable the use of data across disciplines and business areas?
Join us and become Senior Data Engineer in Advanced Analytics where you’ll work closely with the Data Lake team, Agile Release Trains, projects and PoC’s responsible for developing Ørsted’s data backbone, and where you’ll inspire and advise stakeholders on how to enable data and use advanced analytics and artificial intelligence techniques to achieve better results.
The Advanced Analytics team is one of five teams in Architecture, Data & Technology in our Group’s IT department. The team consists of 26 professionals within the areas of data management, data engineering and data science. Our team is committed to delivering on the Group’s digital strategy, ensuring data availability and transformations of data, allowing the construction of diverse capabilities such as analytics, model management, machine learning, etc. – all built on cloud technologies.
Your key tasks will be to
- ensure data collection procedures for building systems for analytics
- build, evolve and maintain the ingestion pipelines to the Data Lake platform and ensure that data is made available in a way that is optimised for security, stability and performance
- maintain a constant dialogue with the business data scientist community to find ways to optimise data packaging and structuring to enable reuse and support of common business scenarios.
Your competences include that you
- have substantial development experience using Python
- have solid experience from quantitative or data-heavy functions and within big data and analytics architectures
- have solid experience working with Spark/PySpark and NiFi
- have substantial experience with installation and maintenance of Linux and Linux-based applications and with monitoring and orchestration of data pipelines
- have solid experience with popular cloud platforms and container technology tools. have solid experience with monitoring and orchestration of data pipelines.
Experience with scripting and programming in C# or Java is a plus.
As a person, you’re a team player, willing to learn new technologies and methods and happy to drive progress. You can engage and motivate team members around you while delivering high-quality solutions. You speak and write English fluently and if you’re already familiar with Agile, Scrum or SAFe®, that’s also a plus.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 8 November 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Martin Frøling Pedersen, Team Lead of Advanced Analytics, by telephone on +45 9955 5579 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.