Senior CPS Project Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re part of one of our challenging offshore projects and responsible for the design and quality of cable protection systems
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the engineering of cable protection systems (CPSs), interacting directly with the CPS supplier and different internal stakeholders to manage relevant interfaces and gaining a unique opportunity to learn directly from a team of experienced engineers.
Welcome to HV Cables
You’ll be part of our diverse HV Cables Project Engineering team where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure the quality during the design, manufacturing, and testing of cable protection systems on an exciting project. As a team, you’ll share complementary skills and a common commitment to delivering high-quality work, whilst cooperating closely with colleagues across Europe, the US, and APAC.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the design, manufacturing, and testing of CPSs and related interfaces
- ensuring that the CPS supply package is delivered on time, on budget, and, most importantly, in compliance with the technical requirements and highest quality standards
- ensuring that the proposed technical solution is in line with international standards, internal best practices, and contractual requirements
- supporting the procurement team in evaluating technical compliance of various CPSs on design, testing, installability, and reliability of the CPS to protect the cable system during its lifetime
- ensuring the suitability of technical solutions across all functional areas, incl. installation, foundations, scour protection, cable supply, etc., and managing interfaces with external stakeholders
- overseeing and reviewing Ultimate Limit State (ULS) and Fatigue Limit State (FLS) analysis of the cable system, incl. reviewing designs and technical proposals from the supplier.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, at a minimum
- have extensive experience working for a cable protection system supplier, an umbilical supplier, an oil and gas company, or a consultancy company on flexible pipelines or flexible risers
- have a proven background in both technical and commercial aspects related to dynamic cables, umbilicals, flexible pipelines, flexible risers, protection systems, or buoyancy modules
- have detailed knowledge of ULS/FLS analysis and ISO standards for polyurethane-based bend stiffeners/restrictors, as well as in depth knowledge about Orcaflex and fatigue assessments of subsea cables, flexible pipelines, or flexible risers
- thrive working in an international environment and are able to communicate and create good relationships with your stakeholders in English, both verbally and in writing
- can contribute to solving challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation, and have a structured, service-minded, and flexible approach to your tasks.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 01 March 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via "Apply" and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.