Senior Corrosion Engineer
Wood Thilsted is a purpose-driven company, delivering engineering consultancy services to speed the global energy transition and to deliver well-be
Wood Thilsted is a purpose-driven company, delivering engineering consultancy services to speed the global energy transition and to deliver well-being to our employees. We have been consistently successful in attracting the most competent and experienced design specialists, passionate to work in the global wind industry. We operate globally, supporting projects located in Asia, North America and Northern Europe. We currently employ a staff of over 150, based in the USA, Europe, Taiwan, Japan and Poland with a continued growth foreseen in the near future.
As a company, WT strives to optimize offshore wind farms to limit their carbon emissions through better and greener design. Through excellent engineering, we provide the best overall value to our clients' projects and support our clients with their decarbonization objectives. We also aim to have a strong culture based on mutual trust, honesty, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere.
Due to the success and growth of the company we are seeking an ambitious Senior / Lead Corrosion Engineer to join us to further develop the company.
Areas of responsibility: As a Senior / Lead Corrosion Engineer, your main objective will be to provide corrosion protection design support to our clients in the offshore wind industry.
Typical areas of work are likely to include:
- Corrosion protection design for offshore foundations including monopiles, jackets and other structures.
- Responsible for conducting corrosion simulations (cathodic protection) in proprietary software for WT projects.
- Undertake reliable and robust assessment of structures and designs using accepted methods and technologies, as well as seeking out innovative approaches and products for corrosion protection that will be beneficial to our clients.
- Contribute to report and specification writing for corrosion protection.
- Contribute to proposals and tenders.
- Supporting the development of the team.
The opening applies for either of our offices in Copenhagen, Vejle, London, Bristol or Quincy based on local terms and conditions. There may be some travelling in Northern Europe, North America or Asia in relation to your work.
Your background: You should hold a master's degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, materials science or chemistry. You should thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently. You have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and you get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork. Furthermore, it is advantageous if you:
- Excellent knowledge, experience and interest in corrosion protection for offshore wind structures (specifically coatings and cathodic protection both GACP and ICCP).
- Experience in coding e.g. Matlab or other programming languages and/or experience with commercial boundary / finite element packages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with clients and technical support.
- Initiative and independence, coupled with great team working skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- CP certification in accordance to ISO 15727 via ICorr or NACE.
Apply: Please apply using the "Ansøg" link where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.
You can read more about us by visiting our website: https://www.woodthilsted.com/ or our Linkedin page for the newest updates.
Wood Thilsted is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive and supportive environment for all employees. While we do not use closing dates, Wood Thilsted reserve the right to close a role at any time
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder