Senior Concept and Layout Engineer for CAPEX budget management for offshore wind farms
Would you like to be part of a team of highly skilled engineers planning, developing and executing budget processes for offshore wind farm projects, and do you want to gain a wide cross-disciplinary network in an international environment?
Join us and become Senior Concept and Layout Engineer in the Concept Department where you’ll coordinate the budgeting process for wind farm projects – from early project phases until Final Investment Decision. Together with your colleagues, you’ll perform cross-disciplinary tasks and cooperate closely with the offshore wind farm projects as well as with colleagues in other departments. We’re part of Offshore Wind supporting the project organisation in planning and optimising our wind farms. You’ll be focusing on the CAPEX budgeting for global offshore wind projects.
You’ll be working in a matrix organisation with a line manager and will also report directly to commercial managers on individual projects.
Your key tasks will be to
- make cost estimates in early phases of the project
- develop and manage the overall investment budgets in cooperation with the project team
- secure the quality of the investment budget by benchmarking
- challenge and handle quality assurance of budget documentation
- carry out reporting for business cases, financial forecasts and decision-making.
Your competences include that you
- preferably have a master’s degree in engineering or equivalent
- have experience with offshore wind farm construction projects and capital investment budgets
- have a good analytical understanding of the cross-disciplinary effects between the technical solutions and the business case
- are very proactive
- have a high degree of self-dependence and feel strongly responsible for your work and for the results you deliver.
Moreover, you’re systematic and analytical in the way you approach your tasks. You have a strong personal drive, which allows you to maintain an overview when things get hectic. You thrive in an international environment and are able to create results through teamwork and develop good relationships with your colleagues and external business partners. You’re able to work with tight deadlines, and you understand how to prioritise your own work to ensure a high-quality deliverable. You have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently to communicate effortlessly and smoothly with your stakeholders at all levels. You’re proficient in Excel.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 1 December 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Tove Dalsgaard, Manager of Concept Department, on telephone +45 9955 5721 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.