Ready to join an international sourcing team who deliver solutions for developing our innovative headsets and video conference tools
Challenge your technical skills at GN in a commercial perspective and become part of developing our products already from the very early development phases of our intelligent audio and video solutions.
“You will work with brand new innovative products, never seen before. Here your leadership skills will be essential to collaborate closely with skilled acoustic designers from R&D and supplier teams to ensure optimal acoustic design for cost versus product delivering right experiences to customers – a key factor for continuous growth within GN,” says Director, Global Sourcing, Mikael Riberholdt
GN Audio – home of Jabra
Through its Jabra brand, GN Audio works to lead major technology shifts with intelligent audio and video solutions – and we are always working on new projects that push the limits of what our products can do.
At our HQ in Ballerup, you will join the Global Sourcing team within Global Operations. Together with 12 colleagues, you will support our R&D and Product Design teams building winning audio solutions to make the development process for brand new products affordable – from concept to product delivery.
“You will join an international team based in Denmark and China where you will collaborate with suppliers in China, Taiwan, Japan, Germany and US. This will challenge your ability to collaborate across time zones – and navigate between different cultures,” says Mikael.
Ensure the right acoustic design solutions for innovative audio and video products
Through focus on commercials (TCO), technologies and quality related aspects, your mission will be to deliver a strong supply base that contributes to our business with best-in-class performance. With that, we expect that you will challenge, provide ideas and take active part of developing our sourcing processes.
Functioning as the link between R&D, Product Design and our supplier teams, you will challenge acoustic designers in product development on their choice of designs to ensure cost effective manufacturing processes and to achieve ambitious product cost targets.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop supply base strategic direction and drive its implementation
- Drive the negotiation and contract management process
- Manage supplier cost roadmaps to meet GN Audios increasing product performance challenges
- Collaborate with acoustic designers and supplier teams to deliver cost optimized solutions
- Develop total cost and capacity optimized inbound supply chain for trusted and flexible supply
- Perform risk mitigation and contingency planning
Agile environment and a unique team spirit
You will get to work in a highly professional and agile set-up where things move fast. We are experiencing tremendous growth, and you will play a key role in making your team succeed with their business targets.
We work closely together in our open office and share a relaxed working atmosphere where we always help each other when needed.
“To be honest, I have never experienced such a great working culture and cohesiveness in a team before. You can look forward to that,” finishes Mikael.
You are a chameleon – with technical understanding and strong commercial total cost understanding
To be successful in this role, it is important that you possess a great deal of patience and drive - both when it comes to managing various stakeholders and regarding the development process as not all prototypes end up on the market.
From here there are different ways into the position. Maybe you come from a commercial field with a strong acoustic design understanding - or you are a design engineer with profound cost understanding, enabling you to discuss design options related to materials, technologies and manufacturing with R&D designers and supplier teams.
- Have a commercial degree or a degree in electrical engineering combined with 5-10 years of experience
- Bring solid experience from sourcing acoustic solutions in consumer electronics
- Are curious about how much things cost and like to break things apart to see the steps and like to understand what makes an acoustic solution cost the way it does
- Have the flexibility to travel 30-40 days a year to colleagues and suppliers e.g. in China
- Will excel in this position when you bring leadership skills into the role to be a great communicator who enjoys collaborating with colleagues and partners from different cultures
- Have hands-on negotiation experience and project management skills
- Speak and write English effortlessly
In return we of course offer a competitive salary package.
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘ANSØG’ link. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
GN is a prudent and responsible company and take the spread of Covid-19 very serious. All initial interviews will for the that reason be carried out through virtual medias.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Director, Global Sourcing, Mikael Riberholdt on +45 20 70 26 67.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.