Senior Color & Materials Designer in consumer electronics
Would you like to make the most of your creativity and help shape the future of on-body and in-room audio and video solutions?
Join GN Audio – home of Jabra
We continuously strive to create experiences that make life sound better. And with our growing design-driven agenda, and through our amazing earbuds, headphones and other intelligent audio and video solutions, we are ready to challenge the biggest brands within consumer and professional electronics with solutions that sound, look and feel even better.
“Our products have such a privileged place on people’s bodies, and in the places where people live and work.” – Iain Pottie, Global Director of Product Design.
This is why we are establishing our world-class Jabra Design team in Ballerup, northwest of Copenhagen, charged with concepting our future portfolio and design processes and crafting pioneering designs with a strong focus on experience-led design, color, materials and ergonomics.
Ideate, design and develop…
With the goal of implementing a materials and color led approach to the designs of our future products, you will be involved end-to-end in the design process. As such, you will consider everything from aesthetics to costs, and from manufacturability to usability, as you:
- Develop product design ideas together with the Head of Design, as part of the design team, as well as with Product Management, R&D and Brand/Marketing
- Research and explore demographics on consumer product use and user needs, new color and materials technologies and trends as well as contextual trends
- Provide innovative color schemes, product pattern designs and production technologies and optimize these on a continuous basis
- Work with the industrial designers in creating designs with inspiring and relevant materials, technology and color schemes
- Inspect sourced material samples and technologies with our R&D, quality and sourcing departments
- Implement new Colors, Materials and Finish (CMF) planning and specifications
The place to be creative
Design strategy and product design ownership lie completely with the CEO and the Global Director of Product Design, so you will have a unique opportunity here to bring your design ideas and influence into that dynamic.
“We know how invaluable your knowledge on trends, user preferences and materials is, and we would love to have you take part in leading a design-driven agenda, focused on color and materials.” – Iain.
Industrial designer with an understanding of color, materials and consumer electronics
As a creative soul with a love for fashion and aesthetics, you are happy to roll up your own sleeves to do some hands-on research and create visionary, innovative designs with great attention to details and trends.
You are also highly collaborative by nature, driving you to seek and build strong strategic partnerships across functions.
- Have 8+ years of experience with industrial, commercial or visual design, art technology or similar
- Are ready to work on consumer electronics for professional and personal use, and the associated materials process technologies for manufacturing – experience within the field is a plus
- Have, preferably, worked with consumer electronics suppliers in the Far East, though it is not a prerequisite
- Hold a degree in industrial design, fashion design or other areas related to design, materials and color theories
- Are skilled in articulating/elaborating design details and materials technology through visualization using design software
- Are able to travel approx. 20 days per year – once it is safe to do so – to collaborate closely with colleagues and suppliers worldwide
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link no later than 19-08-2020. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.