Improving food and health for more than 1 billion people every day requires dedicated teamwork. Join us!
At Chr. Hansen we work to improve food and health, and our natural ingredients are consumed by more than 1 billion people every day.
For this to come true we operate integrated global production and supply chain networks using sophisticated technologies and processes. Automation, robotics and IT systems are key components but the key ingredient is efficient people teams focused on delivering to our customers.
As a global market leader in bioscience, we have the opportunity to address important global challenges such as food waste, healthy living, sustainable agriculture - and we need the smartest and most passionate people on board to succeed. Want to join us?
A career with Chr. Hansen
Joining Chr. Hansen is your opportunity to make a meaningful difference while working for a global market leader.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We want to create a friendly and inspiring work environment, where our people feel as engaged as possible in their daily work. This means no matter which of our operations sites you will be based at you will experience a team based, non-hierarchical and agile organization. We are proud to promote an inspiring and safe work environment and a collaborative culture full of passion to make a difference.
If you would like to be a key player in the largest, most advanced and modern culture production plant in the world, this open position is your unique change.
In process management we strive for production optimization and continuous improvement, within the area of yield, quality and product performance. We are looking for our new colleague as we are busy with validation of two new production units, implementation of new production technologies and constantly improving our processes carried out in our state of the art culture production facility in Avedøre near Copenhagen.
As our new Senior Production Chemist, you need to have a strong insight in food production combined with knowledge within fermentation, freeze drying and packaging and have a high motivation for daily production follow up, shop floor and data analysis.
Your main tasks will be
- The ownership of processes within the unit operations through the entire value chain from fermentation, freeze drying, blend and pack
- To drive and facilitate projects across the organization in Denmark and our production facilities in US, France, and Germany
- The ownership of the daily follow up to ensure the highest production quality
- To drive process optimization and systematic trouble shooting, as well as implementation and validation of new products, processes and equipment
- To initiate independently and proactive improvement projects within quality reporting, yield optimization and increased quality output
- A close cooperation with our main stakeholder local as well as global
Your professional and personal profile
- A relevant academic education, e.g. dairy-, chemical engineer, pharmacist, MSc. in Food Science and Technology or the like
- 5-10 years of experience within a relevant area like a food company or pharma company
- Strong knowledge within the areas: food production systems, hygiene and microbiology
- You are a pragmatic team player, with good communication skills and have the ability for making rational evaluations based on data
- You have experience with LEAN tools including, continuously improvements, systematic problem solving and root cause analysis
- Experience with GMP, including qualifications and validations activities
- Excellent English skills, written as well as spoken
About the department
Process Management is a department with 10 ambitious and dedicated employees with academic background. We deliver technical support to our four internal production units as well as a number of external subcontractors. Some of the responsibilities include driving, facilitating and supporting activities within product quality, production cost and delivery reliability. Our daily work covers a wide range of production support activities such as production follow up, shop floor, development and maintain of production recipes, process design, optimization, process ownership within investment projects, troubleshooting, process control, validation and qualification.
A great opportunity to become an important part of an ambitious and dynamic organization in a global environment, where you will have the possibility to impact the quality level in the entire organisation. We offer a working environment where cooperation and respect are always the top priorities.
At Chr. Hansen, we stay at the forefront of innovation by continuously investing in new optimizing equipment. At our production sites, you will encounter everything from self-propelled trucks to robots that make your everyday life easier.
Contact information and deadline for application.
If you have any questions, please contact Morten Rosbjoern Eriksen, Department Manager at +45 6043 0940.
Deadline for application is 29th July 2018, but we will interview candidates continually and will finalize when we have the right candidate. The expected hire date for the position is 1st October 2018
Read more about a career at Chr. Hansen here: https://www.chr-hansen.com/en/career
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder