(Senior) Cable Engineer
Imagine a future where you’ll be part of one of our challenging offshore projects and be responsible for the design and quality of offshore hig
Imagine a future where you’ll be part of one of our challenging offshore projects and be responsible for the design and quality of offshore high-voltage cables
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the engineering of high-voltage cables. You’ll be interacting directly with the cable supplier and different internal stakeholders to manage relevant interfaces. You’ll have a unique opportunity to work with a team of experienced engineers, and you’ll be cooperating closely with colleagues across Europe, the US, and the APAC.
Welcome to HV Cables
You’ll be part of the Array Cable Managers where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure the highest quality standards during the design, manufacturing, termination, and testing of array cables in a challenging project. The team is involved in all phases of a project, from concept development up to commissioning. We’ve worked in projects across the globe, delivering a portfolio of more than 2,000 km of inter-array cables.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the design, manufacturing, and testing (quality assurance) of cable products and related accessories
- ensuring that the cable supply and jointing/termination package is on time, on budget, and, most importantly, in compliance with the highest quality standards
- ensuring that the proposed technical solution is in line with international standards, internal best practices, and contractual requirements
- reviewing designs and supplier technical proposals and ensuring the suitability of technical solutions across all functional areas (offshore installation, HV components, substations, foundations, etc)
- managing interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have demonstrable experience with engineering of high-voltage cables and accessories
- have an international mindset
- are an excellent communicator and speak and write English fluently
- preferably have in-depth knowledge of submarine cable standards (CIGRE, IEC, ICEA) and FIDIC contracts.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 July 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Simone Pagliuca, Manager, on +4599557336 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting suppliers and different construction sites across Europe. However, we pride ourselves on having a strong family and life-friendly ethos and approach to our way of working.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.