We are expanding and ramping up our purchasing activities to prepare for the future. That is why we are looking for a number of senior buyers to assume responsibility for different areas within electronics and mechanical components.
Join us to make an impact on our future and bottom line and take on a real career challenge.
Here, you will influence the strategy for our procurement activities and interact with suppliers globally for a world-leading provider of large bore diesel engines and turbomachinery for marine and stationary applications.
Choose your area of purchasing expertise
MAN Energy Solutions has recently centralised the purchasing function in Copenhagen. Thus, we need new senior buyers to manage strategic purchasing within one of the following categories covering equipment to our two & four stroke engines:
- electronic components
- machine components
- fuel equipment
- cylinder units
You improve our competitiveness
Entering the procurement department at MAN Energy Solutions, you will work alongside 14 strategic and tactical buyers. We are organised in smaller teams of 3 and work in an open and collegial environment.
Your main objective will be to drive our purchasing to the next level by ensuring that product quality, capacity and price all come together. Thus, you develop a strategy aligned with the overall purchase objective in close collaboration with our global suppliers, our engineers and the strategic category management group.
- Identifying supplier opportunities, risks and costs connected to the supply process
- Developing and implementing dedicated saving initiatives and striving for the best in cost and quality
- Doing market research and supplier analyses
- Conducting and leading strategic contract and price negotiations with suppliers
- Managing workflow-related tasks in SAP
- Actively identifying and managing stakeholder interests
Experienced buyer with a strategic mindset
This position will challenge you on your people skills as you have to build and maintain strong relations to our key suppliers all over the world. You possess a strong business acumen and are a skilled negotiator when it comes to landing the right deal. However, you also have a practical and operational mindset making you able to transform strategies and ideas into concrete actions.
- Have 5+ years of experience within strategic purchasing and a relevant education, e.g. engineering, commercially etc.
- Have overall technical flair and understanding for the line of business – however, if you apply for the electronics components position, we require that you have specific knowledge of this category
- Speak and write English fluently - Danish is not a prerequisite.
- Preferably have knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP, but otherwise we will train you
- Are willing to travel 20-25 days a year
Are you interested?
For further details about the position, please contact Senior Manager Per Østergaard on t. +45 5151 6830
Please submit your application and CV electronically via the link in the job advertisement. You are welcome to contact HR Partner Marianne Koch Fischer on t. +45 9620 4068 if you have any inquiries about the application process.
We look forward to receiving your application no later than 19.10. 2018
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder