Senior Blades Engineer for wind turbine technology
Do you want to help us optimise our wind turbine technology and create a world that runs entirely on green energy?
Join us and become our new Senior Blades Engineer in the WTG Technical department where you’ll be responsible for managing an array of technical matters and supplier agreements with our wind turbines with focus on blades and other composite parts.
You’ll become part of a department which is technically responsible for mechanical and electrical components of the wind turbine, including blades. We support the business throughout the value chain, from the technical qualification of wind turbine suppliers over wind farm construction and on to operations. We do this by setting technical requirements, analysing risks and identifying risk barriers as well as identifying other improvements.
Your key tasks will be to
- gather technical requirements for wind turbine contracts in alignment with internal stakeholders, including Operations & Maintenance and Technical Risk Assessment
- manage technical supplier agreements for wind farm projects, including following up on technical requirements and the verification thereof
- take part in quality assurance of project deliveries from our wind turbine suppliers by converting technical risks into requirements for test and inspection
- follow up on technical issues during design, manufacturing and installation, while working together with internal and external stakeholders
- drive our task management process in the blades group and assist with planning, tracking and reporting to stakeholders.
Furthermore, you’ll occasionally support the Operations & Maintenance department with troubleshooting, life time assessments, technical changes and other initiatives for reducing the maintenance cost or extending the lifetime of turbines.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering or a similar technical background
- have some experience with composites design or manufacturing, preferably from the wind turbine blade industry
- have experience with planning and managing activities in a small team
- preferably have a good insight into quality management and reliability of wind turbine blades through specifications for materials, manufacturing processes, inspections, testing and verification in view of known failure modes and service strategies
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders, and that you therefore speak and write English fluently.
In general, you have a strong technical understanding. You can translate technical observations into concrete project risk descriptions, are able to identify the actions needed to mitigate risks and can manage these actions together with suppliers, projects and colleagues.
As a person, you’re self-managed, can prioritise and have good communication skills. This allows you to drive efforts and achieve good results in a complex organisation with many stakeholders. You’re able to make reports that explain technical assessments in a clear, instructive and objective way. You’re open-minded and find motivation in working with others. You feel accountable for your work and deliver as promised.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 18 August 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jacob Wittrock, Manager of WTG Technical, by telephone on +45 9955 7860 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.