Senior Bioinformatician, Molecular Discovery, Novozymes
Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about bioinformatics, genomics, and discovery of new enzymes? Then you might be our new senior bioinformatician in Enzyme Research, Novozymes.
Join us as our new Senior Bioinformatician (2 years temporary position, with possibility of extension)
We are seeking a bioinformatician with skills and motivation to support the discovery of novel enzymes. We are applying state-of-the-art computational methods to identify the right enzyme for the applications.
- Hold a MSc or PhD in molecular biology, biotechnology, bioinformatics, computational biology, metabolic engineering, or another relevant field.
- Have experience working within microbial genomics and computational methods for CRISPR genome editing.
- Experience with genome mining tools, such as homology-based domain annotation, remote homology detection, motif searching and structure based searches is a benefit.
- Knowledge of biological sequence analysis.
- Have a scientific mindset with an interest in keeping up to date with recent scientific literature.
- Are a strong team player and comfortable collaborating across a larger organization.
- Are result-driven with good communicative skills.
- Have a strong data mindset, with good programming skills (Python/Jupyter preferred) and comfortable using relevant bioinformatics tools and comfortable working on a shared code stack.
You will be joining a world-class team of dedicated bioinformaticians with diverse competences in molecular biology, protein chemistry, molecular dynamics, machine learning and data science.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
This job will be located at Lyngby and Bagsværd, Denmark.
Application deadline: January 31 2023. Please be aware that applications are evaluated and interviews are conducted continuously
Contact details: Sr. Dept. Manager Peter Fischer Hallin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Want to learn more?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at www.novozymes.com/en/careers. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.