Danish National Genome Center is looking for a Senior backend developer
Do you want to be a part of a dynamic team that is pushing the boundaries in a dynamic atmosphere with latest technologies, where growth potential is as high as your imagination? At the Danish National Genome Center we are establishing a world-class national High Performance Computing (HPC) infrastructure for Precision Medicine. You will join a team of experts who are the best of the best in their respective fields.
About the position
We are looking for a senior backend developer with experience in developing bioinformatics backend solutions. You will be a part of team dedicated to build a robust backend solution for our high performance cluster.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Strong competence on Python, R, Bash
- Programming languages: Scala
- DevOps tools: Ansible, Docker
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux systems
- Experience with a compiled, low level language (C / C++ / Rust)
- Experience interacting with database systems, PostgreSQL / MySQL, NoSQL
- Experience with designing and developing automation systems for next-generation sequencing diagnostic workflows
- Experience developing reproducible data analysis pipelines using a workflow management system (Snakemake / NextFlow / WDL + Cromwell)
- Experience with next generation sequencing analyses, particularly:
o The file formats (for example BAM/CRAM, VCF, BED, GTF, etc.)
o The tools commonly used in data analysis pipelines (BWA, GATK, etc.)
o The algorithms and data structures used in those tools
- Experience collaborating with various stakeholders in the domain, such as fellow software developers to clinicians and researchers.
It would be a plus if you:
- Have contributed to open source projects. Feel free to show us your pull request, code repositories, or even packages you have released publicly.
- Are familiar with cloud systems (OpenShift / AWS) and DevOps tools (Docker, Ansible / Chef / Puppet)
We are looking for a candidate that is:
- Persistent. You are a diligent, hardworking person who continues to work and take new initiatives in order to reach a goal.
- You have a leader inside of you. There will be an opportunity to grow into a lead role.
- Structured. You are systematic in your approach; you plan and organize your work effectively with a clear target in sight.
- Network oriented. You are outgoing and understand how to build relationships in close collaboration with specialists, IT architects, project managers and managers.
- Independent but also a team player.
Working at the Danish National Genome Center
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international atmosphere with focus on the patient, research, innovation and clinical advice for the benefit of the surrounding community. We place emphasis on a high level of professionalism among our staff, so skills development is an integral part of our organisation. We offer a great flexibility in the position.
The Danish National Genome Center is an organisation under the Danish Ministry of Health and is located at Ørestads Boulevard 5, 2300 København S, together with Statens Serum Institute and the Danish Health Data Authority. The organisation is expected to have a core of approx. 100 employees.
Salary and appointment terms
Depending on your educational background salary and appointment terms will either be based on
- the collective agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Federation of Professional Associations (AC) (overenskomst for akademikere i staten). Depending on your academic qualifications and experience there is a possibility of being classified as a special or senior consultant according to appendix 4 (protocol concerning special- and senior consultans).
- the organizational agreement between The Danish Finance Ministry and the Organisation for Salaried Employees HK/Stat (Organisationsaftale for kontorfunktionærer, laboranter og it-medarbejdere (HK)), according to chapter 5 in the agreement and the collective agreement between The Danish Finance Ministry and the Organisation of Public Employees (OAO-S-Fællesoverenskomsten).
This full-time position is available as soon as possible.
Please be advised that it is required that you can pass security clearance by the Danish authorities and maintain the security clearance throughout your employment.
For further information about the position, you are welcome to contact Infrastructure Manager Rafal Wolanin (+45 9351 1252) or Secretary Tanja Søndergaard (+45 2288 7016).
Application and recruitment process
Click “Ansøg” to send your job application with curriculum vitae and diploma / exam certificates.
First round of interviews is expected to be held during week 24 / 2019 and second round of interviews is expected to be held during week 25 / 2019.
The Ministry of Health has a non smoking policy and is a non smoking workplace.
We encourage all interested to apply for the position - regardless of age, gender, religion, disabilities or ethnicity.
Nationalt Genom Center har røgfri arbejdstid. Vi opfordrer alle interesserede til at søge stillingen - uanset alder, køn, religion, handicap, etnisk baggrund.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.