Senior Asset Integrity Specialist
Join us in this role where you’ll use your power systems expertise to play a key role in ensuring the optimal operation and grid compliance of our WTG assets throughout their lifetime
Imagine a future where you are responsible for the grid integrity and compliance of the world’s biggest offshore wind farms in operation
Join us in this role where you’ll use your power systems expertise to play a key role in ensuring the optimal operation and grid compliance of our WTG assets throughout their lifetime. You’ll be identifying and working on mitigating risks regarding grid integrity and compliance of our assets, and support initiatives to optimise the operation of WTGs and increase energy yields while minimizing maintenance costs.
Welcome to Asset Integrity Management
You’ll be part of Mechanical and LV team where you, together with your colleagues, will work closely together and solve integrity cases through collaboration with other teams in the organisation. We hold a large number of internal and external stakeholders, and to a high extent you’ll be required to work across the whole organisation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling large grid integrity cases on grid compliance issues for assets in operation
- handling Management of Change (MoC) process for changes to WTG hardware and/or software for assets in operation
- identifying and mitigating risks regarding grid integrity and compliance for assets in operation
- supporting initiatives to optimize the operation of WTGs and increasing energy yields while minimizing maintenance costs for assets in operation
- developing and maintaining direct interfaces to several other departments and teams across the organisation, as well as external stakeholders (e.g. OEMs).
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a degree in electrical engineering
- have at least three years of experience with WTG converter and control systems with a focus on grid performance
- have solid experience with grid code compliance testing within EU and preferably also US and APAC
- are familiar with grid simulation software, e.g. PowerFactory and PSCAD
- are flexible, adaptive, and comfortable with uncertainty in a fast-changing environment, while maintaining a proactive, results-oriented, and systematic approach to your work tasks
- have excellent communication skills enabling you to manage multiple interfaces of variable technical proficiency and are able to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 23 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For the position in Denmark, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact Simon Jensen Laerke, Head of LV and Mechanical, on if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Malaysia, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder