Senior Android Developer – Audio Engineering Platform
Dirac Research, one of Sweden’s emerging tech powerhouses, is a world-renowned audio technology company that is dedicated to inventing the future of sound across all product categories. The company’s market-leading digital audio optimization solutions have been adopted by some of the world’s most respected manufacturers – including Harman, Huawei, OPPO, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Pioneer, Volvo, Rolls Royce, Klipsch and many others. Dirac is headquartered in Uppsala, Sweden, with offices in Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing as well as representatives in Japan, Taiwan, USA, Korea and Germany. Additionally, Dirac operates an R&D center in Copenhagen, Denmark. Undergoing an intense growth phase, the Dirac team consists of more than 80 people.
Audio performance is becoming increasingly prominent in consumer devices, and increasingly defined by software rather than hardware. Dirac´s mission is to be the world’s leading provider of complete digital audio optimization solutions and become a global consumer brand and a quality seal for sound systems of every kind. At Dirac you will be working with state-of-the art audio technologies in a dynamic and international environment.
We are looking for a Senior Android Developer, for our Audio Engineering Platform team in Uppsala, Sweden, or Ballerup, Copenhagen, Denmark.
In the position you will join an agile team of passionate SW developers and audio enthusiasts developing and integrating advanced audio signal processing algorithms into Dirac’s Intelligent Audio Platform for different HW/SW platforms.
The advanced audio signal processing algorithms are all developed in-house, and target to correct, optimize and enhance the audio experience in a wide range of applications including mobile, headsets, virtual & augmented reality, gaming, automotive, home and professional audio, as well as machine listening applications.
As a Senior Android Developer at Dirac your typical tasks and responsibilities will include
- Developing and maintaining integration software for the low-level parts of the Android Audio Framework for mobile and automotive applications
- Developing and maintaining APIs and libraries for integration by OEM and third-party media apps
- Developing apps and demo/example apps for controlling audio
- Active participation in the architecture definition work for Dirac’s Intelligent Audio Platform
- Being up to date with the development and growth of the Android audio platform
- 2nd line customer support
- Automated testing and continuous integration
Team members are located in both Copenhagen and Uppsala, and the team is characterized by a very high level of professional competences and experience, mutual respect, and an open and innovative work environment.
- 3+ years of Android development
- Deep knowledge and experience from working with the Android Java framework
- Proficiency in Java or Kotlin
- Experience with C/C++
- Relevant software engineering tools for revision control (e.g. Git), code quality and review (e.g. Gerrit, BitBucket), build and testing (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo), debugging and profiling.
- Able to communicate equally effectively inside and outside the organization, including with customers and other stakeholders. Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong drive, and the persistence to stay on top of things and follow through, even when under pressure.
- A team-oriented attitude, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Experience with the Android NDK
- Knowledge about the Android audio infrastructure
- Experience from Audio/Media apps
- Experience with Android low level audio APIs like OpenSL, ES and AAudio
- Knowledge of the Android low level audio layers (AudioFlinger and Audio HAL)
- Knowledge and experience from working with the Android Open Source Project (AOSP)
- Experience from other audio frameworks and operating system (like iOS, Windows, QNX)
This is an excellent opportunity for an accomplished Android developer to be part of a dedicated and highly competent team. We offer exciting challenges, great work environment and a chance to join a unique journey; to revolutionize the way the world hears.
The position is permanent, and to be filled as soon as possible. We will review applications, and perform assessment and interviews, continuously. For more information, please contact Director, Audio Engineering Platform, Allan Westphal, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.