Senior algorithm DSP engineers, advanced audio solutions
We are looking for senior algorithm DSP engineers, for our Algorithm Dirac-DSP Platform team..
Dirac Research, one of Sweden’s emerging tech powerhouses, is a world-renowned audio technology company that is dedicated to inventing the future of sound across all product categories. The company’s market-leading digital audio optimization solutions have been adopted by some of the world’s most respected manufacturers - including Harman, Huawei, OPPO, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Pioneer, Volvo, Rolls Royce, and many others. Dirac is headquartered in Uppsala, Sweden, with offices in Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing as well as representatives in Japan, USA, Korea and Germany. Additionally, Dirac now operates an R&D center in Copenhagen, Denmark. Undergoing an intense growth phase, the Dirac team consists of more than 90 people - with additional expansion on the immediate horizon.
Audio performance is becoming increasingly prominent in consumer devices, and increasingly defined by software rather than hardware. Dirac´s mission is to be the world’s leading provider of complete digital audio optimization solutions and become a global consumer brand and a quality seal for sound systems of every kind. At Dirac you will be working with state-of-the art audio technologies in a dynamic and international environment.
We are looking for senior algorithm DSP engineers, for our Algorithm Dirac-DSP Platform team
The team architects, designs, implements, optimizes, integrates and releases the DSP and embedded SW of the Algorithm Dirac-DSP Platform. The team is an integral part of the Algorithm Development organization with the key responsibility of internal algorithm platform delivery, to enable colleagues in the Product Development organization to develop, integrate and deliver a hardware and OS agnostic signal processing platform that scales from low performance, dedicated DSP’s in edge devices to general purpose CPU’s in backend server architectures, without the need for project-specific refactoring.
The position is located in Copenhagen or Uppsala. As part of the team, you will play a central role in pioneering future solutions for advanced audio signal processing, their architecture as well as implementation, for audio optimization and enhancement in the areas of mobile, VR/AR, gaming, automotive, home and professional audio, machine listening and other applications. The Algorithm Dirac-DSP Platform team is central in our efforts to, in a scalable way, seize opportunities in the ongoing rapid growth of advanced, premium and pervasive audio solutions. Team members are located in both Copenhagen and Uppsala, and the team is characterized by a very high level of professional competences and experience, mutual respect, and an open and innovative work environment. You will work closely with colleagues from teams responsible for platform and OS integration.
The job involves key DSP and embedded SW architecture, implementation and optimization contributions to the team’s responsibility to design, develop and productize Dirac audio signal processing components and solutions, delivered as an internal platform delivery. In close collaboration with Dirac algorithm research teams or other partners, the responsibility includes bringing the functionality to product development robustness, while designing the platform architecture and associated processes explicitly for quality, modularity, maintainability, portability, scalability, testability and configurability. The team follows an agile software development model in order to maximize the value and quality of the assets delivered to our customers at any given time.
The responsibility also entails porting to relevant target hardware, including profiling (for MIPS, memory and other relevant implementation KPIs), robustness testing, module testing, system level testing, documentation, and hardware-independent as well as -specific optimizations.
As an experienced algorithm DSP professional with expert knowledge of creating hardware agnostic, robust and scalable signal processing platforms, you have a proven track-record in bringing your technical qualifications to bear in a real-world DSP and embedded SW context.
You have a relevant university degree and at least 5 years of software platform, DSP or embedded SW engineering experience in a technology driven engineering environment.
The right candidate must have demonstrated ability to balance between performance, implementation complexity, architecture flexibility, as well as development efficiency and product quality. In bringing these areas together, automation is key.
Preferred candidates have:
- Significant experience, from senior positions, working with DSP and embedded SW platform architecture and implementation of algorithm and signal processing functionality.
- Proven ability to drive and lead DSP and embedded SW technology in a platform-based environment with algorithm system and software design, architecture design, and highly optimized algorithm and DSP implementations, targeting a wide range of platforms from highly capable down to domain specific and heavily resource constrained.
- Ability to contribute to in-depth algorithmic implementation analyses and system level optimizations to identify best possible trade-offs between effectiveness (high performance) and efficiency (low implementation complexity).
- Strong C/C++ background with a quality mindset
- Experience with software development on Linux and possibly Windows, and relevant software engineering tools for revisioning control (e.g. Git), code quality and review (e.g. Gerrit, BitBucket), build (e.g. GCC, Clang, Visual Studio), testing (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo), debugging and profiling (e.g. Valgrind), and scripting.
- Business interest and acumen, to allow to gauge not just what can be done and how to do it technically well, but to also know what makes sense to do from business perspective, and why.
- A lead-by-example approach, as an inspiring senior in Dirac’s implementation of our platform strategy. Must combine a solid technical foundation with forward-looking development and deployment strategies.
- Excellent communication skills, to communicate equally effectively inside and outside the organization, including with customers and other stakeholders. Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to effectively build relationships and influence and motivate internal and external constituents. Be comfortable and adaptable in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Strong drive, and the persistence to stay on top of things and follow through, even under pressure.
- Experience from international companies and collaboration with colleagues located in other sites.
- Basic understanding of acoustics / audio engineering and related signal processing techniques is a plus, but not a hard requirement.
You have a proven track-record in bringing robust and value-adding products to real users.
What Dirac Offers You
Dirac is one of Sweden’s hottest and fastest growing young tech companies, with best-in-class technology and a customer-base that includes many of the world’s most reputable brands. Dirac offers a highly entrepreneurial environment and a team exceptionally passionate about both building a great business and inventing the future of sound.
This is an excellent opportunity for an accomplished professional to be part of a dedicated and highly competent team of peers. With currently 90+ employees, Dirac is at an inflection point in our history, poised for immediate and exponential future growth. Joining the team now, you will have a very important role in shaping our future.
The position is permanent, and to be filled as soon as possible. We will review applications, and perform assessment and interviews, continuously. For more information please contact Allan Westphal, Manager Dirac-DSP Platform, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Niels Mørch, VP Algorithm Development, email@example.com. Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.