We are looking for a new Segment Product Manager for the Wine and Beverage segment. The Segment Product Manager is responsible for the Product Management Segment Team and as such she/he is the product expert and is responsible for in-market product performance as well as ensuring that customer needs are addressed.
As Segment Product Manager you will join a team of 7 highly skilled Segment Product Managers in Hillerød. Reporting to the VP, Product Management you will be responsible for developing and driving the instrument and the service portfolio for the global Wine and Beverage Segment.
As Segment Product Manager, you will be the ultimate responsible for the performance of the Wine & Beverage portfolio. You are the key driver in securing the performance of the current product portfolio and you play a pivotal role in the constantly ongoing new product development and product improvement activities. Further, you are a key interface between the market and the FOSS organisation.
You will lead a small team of product specialist and support specilists across FOSS sites in Hillerød and Suzhou, China. You and the team are responsible for performance of the associated instruments in the market. To secure success for the Wine & Beverage segment, you will have one dedicated and very experienced Product Manager for wine to support you.
You will be part of the Segment Management Team for Wine & Beverage. The Segment Management team consists of the Segment Product Manager (you), the R&D Program Manager, the Business Developer and as chair of the Segment Management Team, the Head of Segment, you are also responsible for the sales and marketing related elements. The Segment Management Team is responsible for managing and driving the segment from both a product portfolio and segment (sales) performance.
- Drive the product portfolio agenda and secures a tight interlock between customer requirements, application insight and technical backbone
- Continuously monitor the technical - and commercial - performance of the product portfolio – and together with the Segment Management Team identify and pursue relevant actions
- Partake in the Segment Management Team for Wine and Beverage, and persistently drive the product portfolio agenda in this team
- Managing the Product Management Segment Team
- Ensuring performance of the team in both Product Management and Support activities
- Act as the beacon of product knowledge within Wine and Beverage – for people inside and outside FOSS
- Partake in the new product development programs for your segment, where you are responsible for securing that we develop products with the feature set and performance it takes to be succesfull in the market, including pursuit of customer requirement, regulatory approvals, documentation and training
- Product Lifecycle Management, incl. product introduction, product quality monitoring, desired bug fixes and upgrades as well as component changes through-out life time, execution of product phase-out, ensuring updated SAP documentation as well as instrument, spare parts and service profitability monitoring
- Owning Hypercare (post-launch of new product) and must drive this phase and be proactive in surveillance, reporting and mitigation
- Perform product training – in person and remotely to our Sales and Service colleagues as well as FOSS distributors as well as help customers in application support cases when needed
- Help customers in application support cases when needed
You location will be the FOSS Innovation Centre in Hillerød and we expect (under normal circumstances) that you will travel 10-20 days per year.
Key to your success is your ability to ensure an optimal performing product portfolio and not least: your drive and ability to create excitement around the key agenda points. To be considered for this position you must therefore have insights into the beer brewing industry and the ability to create excitement around the key priorities. Further we expect you to have:
- A relevant educational background. This could come in many shapes or forms, but you likely have as a minimum a B.Sc. in e.g Food Science supported by a Brewmaster or Beer Science education.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience from e.g. the breweing business
- 5+ years of experience from a Product Management position or similar
- Technical understanding of chemical analysis – insight to spectroscopy is an advantage
- Super co-operation skills – without loosing sight of your objectives
- Fluency in English both written and spoken. Danish is not a prerequisite, but a Danish work and residence permit is required.
Our preferred candidate comes with the ability to set ambitous goals and drive the relevant agenda, why a solid business understanding is a prerequisite. Since you will collaborate with many different stake holders, it is pivotal that you have excellent collaboration and communication skills and you work with a high degree of integrity
Joining FOSS is an opportunity to join a very unique family owned business who is a global market leader and on a mission for a more sustainable use of the world’s food resources. Being first is one of our core values and thus we invest 10% of our revenue in new product innovation.
The job as Product Manager at FOSS is challenging job that will provide you with a unique opportunity to work closely with a wide array of people inside and outside FOSS and quite literally across all contninets – safe the Antarctic! We aim to enter new markets within the Wine & Beverage segment in the future – you will have a unique position to craft and build this opportunity for you and FOSS
You will join a team of highly dedicated and professional product managers, application specialists and support specialts. We a currently further strengthening the product management organization, both by adding more people and by strengthening the PM role within FOSS.
The working environment at FOSS is very true to our core values. We are super friendly, yet very professional and focused on delivering our mission.
Send your application using the link. We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position you are welcome to contact Mikkel Rishøj.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,400 highly qualified employees worldwide.analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast-growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which creates new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned company FOSS was founded in 1956 in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark, Hungary and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,500 highly qualified employees worldwide.