Segment Product Manager for the Feed & Forage segment
As Segment Product Manager, you will be the ultimate responsible for the performance of the Feed & Forage product portfolio...
Headquartered in Hillerød, Denmark, FOSS is an international family-owned company providing analytical equipment that helps to improve production processes and product quality in food, agricultural and other industries.
We are looking for a new Segment Product Manager for the Feed & Forage segment
As Segment Product Manager you will join a team of 7 highly skilled Segment Product Managers in Hillerød. Reporting to the VP, Product Management, you will be responsible for developing and driving the instrument and the service portfolio for the global Feed & Forage Segment. In the Feed & Forage segment we provide analysis solution for the animal feed, feed ingredient and forage industries.
As Segment Product Manager, you will be the ultimate responsible for the performance of the Feed & Forage product portfolio. You are the key driver in securing the performance of the current product portfolio and you play a pivotal role in the constantly ongoing new product development and product improvement activities. Further, you are a key interface between the market and the FOSS organisation. You will lead a small team of product specialist and support specialists across FOSS sites in Hillerød and Suzhou, China. You and the team are responsible for performance of the associated instruments in the market.
As Segment Product Manager you will be part of the Segment Management Team (SMT) for Feed & Forage. The SMT consists of you, the R&D Program Manager, the Business Developer and as chair of the SMT the Head of Segment, who is also responsible for the sales and marketing related elements. The SMT is responsible for managing and driving the segment from both a product portfolio and segment (sales) performance reporting directly to Corporate management.
- Drive the product portfolio agenda and secure a tight interlock between customer requirements, application insight and technical backbone. This includes continuously monitoring the technical - and commercial - performance of the product portfolio – and identify relevant actions
- Partake in the new product development programs for your segment, where you are responsible for securing that we develop products with the feature set and performance it takes to be successful in the market, including pursuit of customer requirement, documentation and training
- Participate in the SMT for Feed and Forage, and persistently drive the product portfolio agenda in this team, including product performance and customer feed-back.
- Act as the beacon of product and knowledge and full solution understanding within Feed and Forage – for people inside and outside FOSS
- Ensuring performance of the Feed & Forage in both Product Management and Support activities, including helping local FOSS service engineers on support cases
- Product Lifecycle Management, incl. product introduction, product quality monitoring, desired bug fixes and upgrades as well as component changes through-out lifetime, execution of product phase-out, ensuring updated SAP documentation as well as instrument, spare parts and service profitability monitoring
- Perform product training – in person and remotely to our Sales and Service colleagues as well as FOSS distributors as well as help customers in application support cases when needed
Your location will be the FOSS Innovation Centre in Hillerød, and we expect (under normal circumstances) that you will travel 10-20 days per year.
Key to your success is your ability to ensure an optimal performing product portfolio and not least: your drive and ability to create excitement around the key agenda points. To be considered for this position you must therefore have relevant industry insight and the ability drive the key priorities together with the rest of the team. Further we expect you to have:
- A relevant educational background. This could come in many shapes or forms, but you do have a technical background, preferably as a chemist or an engineering degree, supported by:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience from e.g. the agribusiness
- 5+ years of experience from a Product Management position or similar
- Technical understanding of especially spectroscopy but also chemical analysis
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills and you work with a high degree of integrity– without losing sight of your objectives
- Fluency in English both written and spoken. Danish is not a prerequisite, but a Danish/EU work and residence permit is a must.
Joining FOSS is an opportunity to join a unique family owned business who is a global market leader and on a mission for a more sustainable use of the world’s food resources. Being first is one of our core values and thus we invest 10% of our revenue in new product innovation.
The job as Product Manager at FOSS is challenging job that will provide you with a unique opportunity to work closely with a wide array of people inside and outside FOSS and quite literally across all continents. You will join a team of highly dedicated and professional product managers, product specialists and support specialists. We a currently further strengthening the product management organization, both by adding more people and by strengthening the PM role within FOSS.
Send your application using the link. Note that we only receive applications via the link. We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If you want to know more about the position you are welcome to contact, VP Product Management Ole Skovbæk firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.