Imagine a future where you’re responsible for coastal and seabed morphology analysis on a global scale to support offshore cable and foundation design
Join us in this role where you’ll provide high-quality coastal engineering support for our offshore wind projects with a focus on seabed morphological design. You’ll typically work on multiple projects from the early site assessment and design phase through construction to operation and maintenance.
Welcome to Site Investigation
You’ll be part of Scour & Seabed Mobility where you, together with your colleagues, will provide all seabed morphology and scour-related assessments and designs for offshore projects throughout their lifecycle. You’ll analyse geophysical seabed surveys for planned and operating wind farms and will have direct access to all site investigation field data.
You’ll play an important role in:
- working with large bathymetrical datasets and other available data sources, such as satellite images
- analysing seabed mobility and forecasting future seabed levels for cables and foundations
- developing coastal change analysis
- supporting R&D activities
- giving technical advice and coordinating with project managers and engineers from different technical areas across our company.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have, as a minimum, a master’s degree within the field of coastal engineering/natural geography or equivalent
- have programming skills (preferably MATLAB or Python), GIS knowledge (ESRI software or Global Mapper), and/or knowledge of MIKE/Delft3D or similar
- have an analytical mindset and enjoy working with large datasets
- are sociable and a team player
- take on a high degree of personal responsibility and can work with different tasks in parallel.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 3 October 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Signe Mie Larsen, Head of Scour and Seabed Mobility, on +4599558881 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.