GlycoSpot is a fast-growing start-up company, on a quest to change how Enzyme Activity Screening is done, and has recently received significant funding for the next growth Phase.
We are therefore looking for a Scientist / Senior Scientist to join us on the journey and drive the development / production of enzymatic screening assays, data analysis as well as statistical models for our assay technologies.
The Scientist / Senior Scientist will be a key element of and closely collaborate with a dedicated R&D team in an entrepreneurial environment. The initial focus is to maintain and secure robust processes from idea to production. Market wise, GlycoSpot is currently focusing on getting the products integrated into the beer/beverage and bread manufacturing area by targeting industries like milling, industrial baking, malting and brewing.
Reporting directly to the Technical Director, this position will be part of the project leadership team, with a strong customer focus. You will become part of a very flat and agile organisation with short decision-making processes. For the right candidate, there exists an opportunity to join an attractive exit-program.
The position is hands-on and you supervise and lead your team by example with an eye for detail securing a high quality ineach project. As part of the agile company structure you will also be involved in selected commercial activities, e.g. represent Glycospot in conferences or visits to key clients.
The position is based in Copenhagen.
- Assay and method development with a focus on enzyme activity analysis.
- Responsible for lab security and that the lab is compliant with high standards
- On-going responsibilities for interns from the universities, e.g. DTU.
- Close customer contact on primarily technical and scientific matters.
- Take an active part in lab work, such as substrate production and assay development.
- Participate in large research projects
- Provide the sales team with technical advice and support
- Oversee that each project follow the plan from idea to completion, with an emphasis on technical soundness and resource efficiency, in close coordination with management
- Develop and integrate systems that facilitate and support large-scale production including QA/QC systems for both projects and production
Who are we looking for?
First of all, we are looking for a person with the right mindset. An independent self-starting person who brings energy and motivation to the team.
Furthermore, we are looking for:
- The passion for creating user-friendly and robust products
- Skills in creating, implementing and executing short and long-term goals
- Educational background in chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology or similar on at least master level.
- It will be an advantage if you are skilled in bioorganic chemistry, such as protein chemistry, and carbohydrate chemistry.
- Experience from a chemical or biochemical lab
- Experienced in statistics and data analysis.
- Skilled in communicating complex scientific topics to a non-scientific audience, e.g. customers and project partners
- Fluency in the English language
As a person you:
- Are a self-starter with drive and initiative, and work with minimal supervision
- Have a personality comfortable with a leadership role, i.e. is ready to take on responsibility and leading other technical persons
- Have a genuine technical interest and curiosity
- Bring role model behaviors - communication, empathy, integrity, and conceptual flexibility
- Can build lasting relationships with individuals at all levels
- Can provide an excellent level of customer engagement to both existing and potential customers
- Possess good negotiation and follow-up skills
If you have questions, please contact our Technical Director, Troels Balmer Christensen on, +45 2299 7411 or/and submit your application by clicking the apply button below.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.